full-time employee contract
ManTech is recruiting highly talented engineers with skills and background related to launch vehicle avionics and systems analysis to assist the Air Force redefine the future of National Security space launch, and we are growing our team to bring SpaceX Falcon Heavy in to the Air Force portfolio. We are seeking experienced and energetic candidates to join our world-class team in El Segundo, CA. This position supports Air Force Space and Missile Center (SMC) certification and Non-Recurring Design Validation of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch vehicle being used to provide launch services for National Security Space (NSS) satellite missions.
• Provide systems and technical project engineering support to the U.S. Air Force, Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), New Entrant Certification Team's (NECT's) certification and Non-Recurring Design Validation of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch vehicle being used to provide launch services for Department of Defense (DoD) National Security Space (NSS) missions.
• Perform project engineering with skills and background related specifically to launch vehicle avionics and electrical systems.
• Coordinate, schedule and participate in system, sub-system, and component design reviews, Working Groups, and various Engineering Review Boards (ERBs). Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews.
• Develop products such as data tables, presentations, and reports in preparation for Engineering Review Boards, Design Reviews and Chief Engineer Review Boards for the Air Force customer.
• Review completed team products for completeness and acceptance, and collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews.
• Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives.
• Interface with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors, Vendors, FFRDC, and Air Force team members
• Compile and present weekly status charts with FFRDC and Air Force counterparts, in preperation to present to Air Force leadership.
• Support and record observations of SpaceX Falcon Heavy launches on-console and document observations in a comprehensive document for customer delivery.
• Consolidate and coordinate reports into a single formal report on a routine basis.
• Tabulate and provide metric charts for various open work tickets, statuses of hardware, risk tickets and other variables as requested.
• Interface with various team members at various levels of all organizations involved and be able to execute successfully in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering or technical field relevant to engineering, and minimum 12 years of related experience, or Master’s Degree in an engineering or technical field with 10 years of related experience, or PhD degree in an engineering or technical field with 8 years of related experience.
• Technical experience and training (i.e., military technical training, vocational training, and unique experience) may be substituted for degree requirements.
• Strong background and experience in Aerospace and Launch Vehicles in the areas of avionics, electrical systems, and systems analysis.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills
• Proficient in MS Office suite, including MS Word, MS Project, and specifically MS Power Point and MS Excel
• Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Other Skills Preferred:
• Familiarity with Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center and experience working with government entities preferred.
• Master’s Degree desirable.
• PMP certification a plus.
• Active Secret security clearance (strongly preferred)