The Raytheon SAS Mission Assurance Supplier Quality organization ensures that known good parts and services are received from supply chain. We work collaboratively with our internal functional counterpart to ensure requirements flow down and Technical Data Package will result in product that performs in the system, services that meet performance requirements. We conduct supplier oversight through requirements reviews, in-process and final inspection at supplier’s facilities, perform ‘value-added’ incoming inspection at Raytheon to ensure compliance. We perform robust containment, root cause, corrective action and validation of supplier caused defects and develop bids that support all of the Supplier Quality Activity.
This Material Quality Manager position will provide Supplier Material Quality support to assigned programs within Space & Airborne Systems. Tasks include:
- Interface across a matrix environment to determine requirements, develop plan for fulfilling the specific procured material requirements, while meeting the overall programmatic requirements
- Support Programs Request for Proposal (RFP) and bidding process by participating and developing accurate Supplier Quality Basis of Estimate (BOE) to support program life cycle
- Lead and support supplier assessment process planning and execution, such as supplier capability assessments and post-award reviews
- Participate on cross-functional supplier selection teams, advocating best value, technical solutions and suppliers which can best meet the overall quality requirements
- Identify and document supplier risk; develop mitigation plans to reduce, eliminate and prevent supplied product defects
- Lead containment activities associated with discrepant material, with assistance from functional stakeholders
- Initiate supplier corrective action process, review, approval, and monitoring; assure containment, closed loop Root Cause Corrective Action is obtained; communicate issue and resolution to functional stakeholders
- Lead and participate in multi-functional teams in process improvement activities using Raytheon Six Sigma quality tools.
- Perform defect data analysis and review with the program managers and supplier management, which will assist in developing Supplier improvement plans
- Minimum 6 years work related experience
- Experience demonstrated defect reduction track record
- Excellent verbal / written communications and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively persuade and influence through positive communications with stakeholders, team members, suppliers, management
- Knowledge of assembly/manufacturing processes, integration and test operations and procedures in a high-reliability environment
- Must have knowledge of Quality systems, ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9102, Statistical analysis processes and tools, Supplier Rating Systems and Supplier Assessment processes
- Knowledge of Supplier Management practices and processes
- Knowledge and experience in the effective use of Root Cause Corrective Action containment and analysis process and tools.
- Strong risk assessment and mitigation foundation
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills for interaction at various levels of management
- Strong follow through and ability to develop practical solutions to a wide range of problems in quality systems, materials, electronics, optics, and mechanical products
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP (PRISM) and experience
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Knowledge of assembly/manufacturing, integration and test operations
- ASQ certified: CQE or CQA
- Six sigma specialist qualified (Raytheon designation or equivalent)
- Experience in Proposal and BOE creation
- Candidates in this position should be able to resolve technical issues with respect to product processes, systems, and deliverables in engineering, supply chain and quality and at the supplier.
: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Technology, or Quality.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.