Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking an airborne electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) sensing and targeting integration, verification, and test (IVT) engineer to provide hands-on systems integration and test to EO/IR sensor development and production programs. This position is responsible for directly working on teams developing, integrating, testing, qualifying, and producing airborne targeting and surveillance sensor systems. The staff IVT engineer will be responsible for systems engineering across efforts involving technology insertion, product improvement, engineering and manufacturing system development, production support, troubleshooting, CR resolution, yield improvement, and touch labor reduction initiatives across the product line. The staff engineer will work within multi-disciplinary integrated product teams (IPT).
- Minimum of 4 years systems engineering experience
- Demonstrated successful integration, laboratory test, platform installation, flight qualification, and deployment of EO/IR airborne sensing systems, subsystems, or major components.
- Experience with developing and executing factory test procedures.
- Demonstrated successful participation on multi-disciplinary engineering design teams.
- Demonstrated production support, troubleshooting, and factory improvement initiative leadership experience.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
- Experience with design and test of airborne electronics components.
- Experience with alignment and calibration of EO/IR sensing systems.
- Experience leading customer witnessed test and qualification.
- Experience analyzing airborne sensor requirements for development of qualification test plans.
- Experience with EO/IR laboratory and factory test systems development.
- Small engineering team leadership experience.
(This is the minimum level of education or degree and major required for the position.)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
(This would be any additional education and/or major that would be considered.)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.