Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for an experienced export control professional to support export licensing activities in McKinney, Texas in a fast paced and exciting export/import environment. This position provides guidance to business personnel on export/import controls to ensure compliance with U.S. and foreign regulations in international business activities. Contributes to development of business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the U.S. government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations. Develops licensing plans and provides guidance for licensing strategy and program planning. Prepares authorization requests for submittal to the U.S. Government. Assures regulatory compliance through review and approval of foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import transactions. Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements. Assists in learning and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Obtain, maintain and monitor applicable licenses, agreements, permits, certifications, technology release authorizations, and commodity jurisdiction determinations in compliance with applicable US Government regulations and company policies to support Raytheon programs.
- Prepare export authorizations and miscellaneous correspondence for submittal to regulatory agencies
- Approve export and import shipments. Coordinate imports of unclassified and classified hardware with foreign parties to ensure proper customs paperwork is included and shipment is authorized under proper license exemptions
- Review and approve presentations, briefings, documents and other information provided to foreign persons for compliance with licenses and regulations prior to release outside the company
- Jurisdiction and classification determination reviews
- Maintain records of current and expired license files, and issues reports on pending and approved licenses/approvals
- Assist Empowered Official on interpretation of regulatory requirements or company EXIM policies and procedures
- Review proposals, contracts, and/or purchase orders and participates in technical programmatic discussion/meetings
- Participate in strategic business engagement at the program level to ensure business execution, growth and compliance
- Support development of export related training and communications requirements for program area
- Support in development and implementation of company and BU policy, procedures, guidelines and instructions to support compliance with US Government export/import regulations and company policy
- Participate in special projects, cross-functional business projects and corporate projects to support business objectives
- 4 years of broad Export/Import experience and increasing responsibility (licenses, agreements, compliance, and transactional activities)
- Experience researching, interpreting and applying government regulations such as the ITAR and EAR
- Flexible, cooperative and collaborative; demonstrated ability to adapt to changing US Government and customers conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to present recommendations to solve business challenges
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise
- Self-motivated and results oriented with ability to prioritize and make independent decision.
- Able to manage priorities of multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and follow through on assignments to achieve desired results
- Some travel may be required
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience with D-Trade, SNAP-R, OCR EASE IT systems a plus
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.