The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user. The AN/TPY-2 Consolidated Logistics Support (CLS) program seeks an Engineering Training Lead to generate Operator, Maintainer or Site Engineer training materials for AN/TPY-2 Radars.
The lead will create Program of Instructions with Learning and Enabling Objectives and day to day training. In addition, the Engineering Training Lead will work with SMEs and other Trainers to create course materials including Fault Logic Diagrams and Laboratory Exercises, as well as develop Laboratory components as needed such as generating simulations using a scenario generation program and additional modeling tools. Additional responsibilities will include participating in Technical Manual Reviews, monitoring changes through software tracking reports, reviewing of Operator procedures, and maintaining a classified account to periodically work with classified documents and on classified programs. The position requires significant contact with subject matter experts, an interest in Radar simulations and a willingness to seek out information using whatever approach to bring the needed results.
The Lead will:
This position can be an G09 or an G10 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.Required Skills:
- Develop and maintain Site Engineering training materials
- Update radar engineering training curricula as required by evaluating the progress and performance of engineer trainees
- Utilize analytical skillsets to review generated material, determine required subject matter expert inputs, and interpret engineering technical data
- Deliver instructor-led and online classroom training
- Work with external and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content
- Assist in the development of a formalized Train-the-Trainer program
- Mentor and train internal and external authorized trainers as part of a train the trainer program
- Conduct training sessions and assist in evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
- Periodic CONUS and OCONUS travel, up to 30%
- 6 years of experience related to this job description
- Experience designing and developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content
- Existing Secret security clearance
- Experience as a deployed engineer at a AN/TPY-2 Radar site
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
- A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects
- Experience with training instruction
- Experience rolling out training in a variety of forms (online and face-to-face) and to a large audience
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Math, Technology or Business (related to tech). 8+ years of experience related to this job description may be considered in lieu of a BA/BS
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.