The Network and Cyber Technologies business unit at Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a qualified System/Software Engineer to support projects that focus on novel ways of using networking (wired and/or wireless), network science, cybersecurity technologies, and/or RF signal processing to solve real-world problems. The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include a combination of design, implementation, and validation of software systems and protocols for networking and communications. Responsibilities may also include configuring hardware, system integration and assisting with field testing.
Our Network and Cyber Technologies Business Unit innovates and implements solutions across wired and wireless environments. We create new algorithms and paradigms in such diverse and critical areas as mobile wireless networking and computing, software defined networking, network security, energy efficient, novel high-performance radar and modem designs, machine learning, content networking, mobility, efficient RF channel access, and wireless communications within extremely constrained or hostile environments. We look for candidates who are entrepreneurial problem solvers who have high personal standards of quality and the ability to work in a dynamic but relaxed team environment.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is a leading provider of advanced technology and research and development. For over 60 years, we have helped our customers solve complex technology problems by building practical and affordable solutions. Raytheon BBN attracts the most talented scientists and engineers who are willing to take risks and challenge conventions in pursuit of new and fundamentally better solutions.
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including flexible work schedules and performance-based incentives. Career growth is encouraged through support for on-site training, mentoring, tuition, publications, and participation in leading research conferences
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field and 0-2 years of experience,
• Strong understanding of fundamental programming concepts, structures and methods.
• Development experience using C, C++, Python, or Java
• Knowledge of software engineering lifecycle and healthy code documentation
• Familiarity with version control systems such as Git, and utility tools such as Docker
• Ability to work in teams
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Knowledge of networking concepts, cybersecurity, RF systems, and/or computing systems.
• Experience with communications signal processing fundamentals and software defined radios
• Experience with tools such as MATLAB, EMANE, NS3 or VHDL
• Experience with embedded system development
• Experience with system integration (software and/or hardware with software)
• Experience with using open source software tools and contributing back to the community
• Experience with Linux or Android
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons. 126005
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.