Raytheon BBN Technologies Corp, a wholly owned subsidiary of Raytheon Company and a part of the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Division, has an exciting opportunity to join its Science & Technology Finance team providing support to its rapidly growing Intelligent Software and Systems (ISS) Business Unit. This position will be located at BBN’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience dealing with Raytheon financial systems and is eager to learn about financial management of a wholly owned subsidiary. This role requires constant coordination across multiple job functions. Prior experience working in a government contracting environment is preferred. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position may need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Responsibilities will include, but is not limited to the following:
• Financial analysis of Cost-type, Fixed Price, and T&M contracts for PM’s, Finance, and BU Management
• Track spending against authorized budgets for NBI activities such as IR&D and B&P
• Support ISS’ proposal pricing activities through RFP analysis, estimating and pricing, and proposal report generation
• Assist with review of new projects for contract setup and revenue recognition requirements
• Setup, modify, and monitor projects in APEX (SAP)
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual project financial deliverables to customers
• Provide input to quarterly Estimates at Completion (EAC’s) for programs supported
• Present financial status of supported programs to BU leadership during monthly Program Reviews
• Participate as part of a team in the establishment of annual budgets (AOP) and 5 Year Plan activities
• Report on key BU financial metrics such as Bookings, Sales, Profit, Cash, and Billability
• Create ad hoc financial reports and analysis as necessary in support of the ISS business
Required Education and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
• 3+ years related work experience
• Knowledge of Government contract accounting
• Familiarity with SAP and job cost accounting systems
• Self-starter with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and handle several assignments at the same time
• High attention to detail and accuracy; ability to analyze, recognize and communicate variances.
• Discretion with sensitive data and a high level of professionalism
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• US citizenship and the willingness to apply for US government security clearance
• Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Research & Development contract experience
• Knowledge of contracts governed by both FAR and DFARS
• Experience with APEX/SAP, ACES Proposal Pricing, and knowledge of Earned Value Management a plus.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 125645BR 125645
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.