The Application Hosting Lead is responsible for NIAID Windows and Linux based-applications as well as custom, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and government off-the-shelf (GOTS) applications hosted on VMware virtual and physical servers. Some of the core environments for developing business applications are Microsoft SharePoint and OpenText LiveLink. The support required includes planning, directing and coordinating activities associated with custom application development and testing; and supporting the client’s organizational activities, as well as research and development in emerging technologies; managing technical standards; and drafting and implementing policies, procedures, and guidelines. The Lead will implement SAIC designs and processes and will be expected to function at the highest level in technical coordination and in supporting project management.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
· Provide efficient and effective Operations Support of software applications as necessary to meet or exceed user's operational availability and performance requirements.
· Provide timely and effective applications maintenance and repair on software applications as necessary to meet or exceed user operational availability and performance requirements.
· Provide efficient performance monitoring of all supported applications, issuing timely and accurate notification of application outages to management
· Support, maintain, and enhance as required, established strategies for applications hosting to ensure continuity of business operations and timely recovery in the event of disaster.
· Collect, store, and analyze data relevant to monitored applications to perform and report accurate root causal analysis of all related issues and to support trend analysis and forecasting.
· Effectively manage the procurement and maintenance of all supplies, materials, and supporting software licenses and service agreements required to ensure supported applications meet minimum performance and availability requirements.
· Ensure effective change management of all supported software applications to establish and maintain consistency of each application's performance and its functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
· Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOP) for operation, maintenance, and repair of supported applications.
· Ensure all applications-related data and documentation is added to and maintained current within Knowledge Database and Document Library to provide efficient access to a complete and current source of operationally relevant structured and unstructured data.
· Perform planning, analysis, design, development, testing, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and management of all production and quality assurance (QA) hosting environments on all applications hosted in Data Centers.
· Provide after-hours monitoring and timely problem resolution for applications commensurate with the mission criticality of the affected system(s).
· Researches and analyzes emerging technologies, techniques, and protocols and makes recommendations
Assists with procurement of hardware, software, and services
· Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and a minimum of nine years of practical experience in Applications and Software Development.
· Active Public Trust L5 Security Clearance
· Microsoft SharePoint
· Visual Studio (VS) or other development tools
· Knowledge of a wide variety of technologies to host container services and registries, cloud infrastructure
· Knowledge of best practices to include DevOps, continuous deployment and continuous integration services, code repositories, and security vulnerability identification to support the cloud infrastructure.
· Experience in working clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client’s use cases
· Experience developing functional process diagrams
· Experience complying with all applicable security and information assurance (IA) / cybersecurity policies and directives
· Must be an independent self-starter with strong initiative
· Must have strong writing / reporting and verbal communication skills
· Must be able to perform in a high-pressure fast-paced environment
· Must be able to quickly learn and apply new tools and technologies
· Must be flexible in a constantly changing business landscape
· Must have strong customer service orientation
· Demonstrated experience in .NET and MS SQL Server development, testing, integration, and operational environments