Cloud Engineering Lead (Job Number:441067)
- This position will provide technical leadership and systems engineering management.
- This role will be responsible for maintaining and expanding a secure, scalable, and efficient custom platform as a service (PaaS) solution for automated infrastructure provisioning and application hosting, and collaborate with software engineers and researchers to design and deploy custom applications on the PaaS.
- The PaaS will support mission critical business, research, and program information, promote productivity through zero downtime application upgrades for hosted applications, increase business value via cost management, and provide automated solutions to reduce cyber security threats for hosted applications.
- Expand, manage, promote, and monitor custom PaaS to include all core infrastructure components, tooling, and hosted applications, Support, develop, and grow all components of a custom PaaS solution to enhance capabilities to deliver infrastructure, and deploy and host custom applications in a timely manner.
- Support, maintain, and enhance as required, established strategies for platform operations to ensure continuity of business operations and timely recovery in the event of a disaster.
- Establish proactive vulnerability identification and remediation capabilities for hosted applications and infrastructure, reducing current level of effort and risk.
- Collaborate with software engineers and researchers to design and deploy custom applications on the PaaS.
- Collect, store, and analyze data relevant to core components of the PaaS to perform and report accurate root cause analysis of all related issues and to support trend analysis and forecasting.
- Provide effective and efficient monitoring and alerting capabilities to be consumed by software engineers and researchers who develop and deploy applications on the PaaS so they can actively monitor their applications for service impacting events.
- Support effective change management for all hosted applications to establish and maintain consistency of each application's performance and its functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
- In collaboration with the Government, develop and maintain SOPs for operation, maintenance, authorization, and design of the custom PaaS solution.
- Ensure all applications-related data and documentation is added to and maintained within Knowledge Database and Document Library to provide efficient access to a complete and current source of operationally relevant structured and unstructured data.
- Ensure planning, analysis, design, development, testing, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and management of all production, quality assurance (QA), and development hosting environments for all components of the platform, either hosted in Data Center(s) or in a public cloud provider.
- Ability to create and manage a custom portal to provide instruction, information, and educational materials about the PaaS, related technologies and methodologies, and how it can be leveraged to deploy custom applications.
- Create and manage a custom web site to facilitate efficient and automated deployment of simple applications on the platform for software engineers and researchers.
- Manage the development of the PaaS solution using Agile methodologies, providing frequent releases, to include enhancements and bug fixes.
- Provide after-hours monitoring and timely problem resolution for core components and applications commensurate with the mission criticality of the affected system(s).
- Cisco Systems, Nexus
- Microsoft Windows
- Performance Management
- Requirements Development
- Systems Architecture
- Optical Communications Networks
- Network Systems Architecture
- Communication Systems
- Unified Communications (including Skype for Business and Polycom VT)
- Cisco Systems
- Juniper Systems
- Unified Communications
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent and 9 years of experience.
- Public Trust
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 16, 2018, 11:32:29 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job