Industrial Engineer Sr/ Manufacturing Engineer Sr/ Orlando, FL
Job ID: 455687BR
Date posted: Oct. 16, 2018
Description:Successful candidate will support the JAASM Programs Mission area production operations team in the areas of manufacturing process development, process/capacity modeling and optimizing, and hardware trouble shooting. Candidate will also support program areas, i.e. make or buy, direction of capital planning, new plant layouts and optimization of current layouts, setup and first run of hardware builds, including working closely with on-program engineers and missile technicians. Other task includes supporting production operations meetings, customer interface, engineering change board, supplier IPT support/travel, coordination between all manufacturing sites . Candidate may be required to travel approximately 1 week per month.
-Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Industrial/Aerospace/Manufacturing/Electrical) or related discipline.
- Knowledge of modeling of manufacturing processes and plant layouts.
-Technical knowledge and experience in the areas of manufacturing, testing, and process optimization.
-Understanding and wide application of complex Electro-mechanical/Optical Final Assembly, Integration and Test methods
-Highly skilled at interpretation of Engineering specifications and the translation into effective Work Instructions -Knowledge of manufacturing readiness levels
-Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication to effectively communicate with senior program leadership and functional leadership, and within a virtual team environment.
- Knowledge and experience with the Capital Process from planning, justifications for capital projects, and leading capital projects.
- Training in Lean Six Sigma with experience leading and delivering results from SIA events.
-Must have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
-Knowledge of the Missile Manufacturing process
-Lockheed Martin experience with focus on production operations
-Familiarity with SAP
-Able to ID and correct process issues and implement cost saving solutions (Affordability)
- Capability to develop a strong working relationship with manufacturing plant, support, and engineering personnel.
- Experience in managing Capital Programs and working with other organizations to collect and provide direction on their capital project needs.
- Hands on experience in optimizing plant and process layouts using process modeling programs and technical expertise.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with a Black Belt highly desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off