Enterprise Architect, Expert (Job Number:441073)
Enterprise Architect - Reference Architect (Expert)
Overall Assignment Description:
Expert Enterprise Architects provide strategic oversight and planning of the GEOINT Enterprise Architecture (GEA). They develop technical, strategic guidance for senior/mid- level architects in the creation and implementation of the Enterprise architecture artifacts IAW DoDAF and IC PAG. Expert Reference Architects lead the design and development of the body of guidance that guides and constrains solutions and architectures while aligning to NGA’s and CIO-T’s mission and strategy.
- Assists Government in refining the framework for presenting NGA’s Reference Architecture (RA).
- Identifies new opportunities for RAs through analysis of existing guidance and identification of gaps.
- Coordinates with Subject Matter Experts, Enterprise Engineering and Solutions Architecture to identify needs for additional Reference Architectures.
- Assists Government in orchestrating other Reference Architects in the design, development, and maintenance of ReferenceArchitectures.
- Coordinates with Standards team to identify technical standards profiles for GEOINT and IT standards applicable to solutions architectures to ensure interoperability between many and diverse GEOINT and business services solutions.
- Manages a backlog of RA topics to ensure the team is authoring valuable RAs.
- Ensures that RA outputs are actionable, and are authored to provide value to a wide audience.
- Creates traceability from JARM and GEA through to authored RA guidance.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Certified in either Enterprise Architecture, Systems Architecture, or Systems Engineering.
- Expert working experience in government or industry in areas of IT related architecture, such as Reference Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, Data Architecture, DoDAF, and IC PAG.
- Awareness of JARM community reference model
- Experience with authoring reference architectures or other IT technical guidance
- Knowledge of NGA mission and strategy
- Knowledge of NGA’s major IT systems and supported business processes Desired:
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of NGA’s enterprise architecture and solutions architecture.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 16, 2018, 6:06:28 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job