full-time employee contract
ManTech is seeking Top Talent as a Systems Engineer to support our DHS customer in Alexandria, VA. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting for software development projects using Java technologies.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
· Coordinating the delivery of multiple projects and dependencies being executed by other teams within the organization
· Allocating and/or tracking resources across multiple projects
· Working knowledge of SELC and associated documentation (project plans, charters, business cases, requirements documents, test plans, reports, etc.)
· Creating project plans and managing them accordingly
· Working closely with business and solution resources on lifecycle deliverables
· Generating weekly status reports in several formats
· Working with clients to gather requirements. Interpret and translate the captured technical and functional requirements into technical documentation that can be used by both the project management team and the development teams to develop the end user software using Java technologies
· Coordinate with various organizations and teams within the enterprise to ensure that all the activities and dependencies are being met by matrixed resources and other teams responsible for delivery within the organization
· Document project risks and mitigation plans and communicate to the stakeholders
· Ensure all the processes are documented and followed for compliance
· Contribute to project scoping, including requirement assessment, best practices, application design and development, methodologies, and budget recommendations
· 10+ years of Professional experience
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus.
· 2+ years in Agile Development projects - Strong working knowledge of Agile/Scrum Methodologies. Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification a plus.
· 5-8 years of demonstrated Technical PM and Architectural Design experience. This candidate will oversee work milestones (end to end). This will also require coordinating & writing technical documents
· Prior experience as a developer or a technical architect is a plus for the job.
· Familiar with SQL preferably PL/SQL
· Familiar with data analysis and good understanding of data modeling concepts
· Experience with developing SELC documents
· Familiarity with Unix Scripting language like Ruby, Perl or advanced KSH scripting.
· Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to thrive in a busy, deadline driven atmosphere.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills is a requirement. The ability to adapt quickly, work in a challenging and fast paced environment with a team, as well as individually is a must. Skills and knowledge utilizing Windows, Microsoft Office Suite including MS Visio Professional and MS Project Professional is a must.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CBP BI. POTENTIAL TO BE SPONSORED FOR A TOP SECRET LEVEL CLEARANCE.