Program - Troposcatter – Contingent on Contract Award
The Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer (SQE) is a critical role within IIS Mission Assurance (MA) organization and the Troposcatter Program. The SQE leads the efforts to drive excellence in Supplier performance on the program. The role will require extensive interaction, communication, decision making, and planning between the program and suppliers to assure unique program requirements are met. The SQE will have a broad and deep understanding and prior work knowledge in the basic Supplier Quality tools such as the execution of Supplier Assessments, First Article Inspection validation, Subtier Supplier Management, Special Process Management, Contract Review/Flowdown, Qualification of new suppliers, and Continuous Improvement.
Additionally, the SQE performs as the MA Integrated Product Team (IPT) representative and will be responsible for all aspects of MA for the program. This includes demonstrated expertise in understanding and flowdown of contract quality requirements, quality planning, execution, Earned Value tracking, product assurance, Customer interaction and interfacing with the other functions on a daily basis and the provision of metrics and status to MA leadership.
The SQE responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a Quality Assurance Program Plan, EPIC quality program tailoring and the Quality Requirements List in accordance with contractual and Raytheon requirements
- Review and approval of all suppliers’ Quality Assurance Program Plans in accordance with contractual requirements
- Reporting monthly to MA leadership via a Mission Assurance Risk Calculator (MARC) tool
- Working at a supplier’s site with a minimum of management oversight.
- Participate in the program full development life cycle managing time, workload and resources with minimal supervision and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques to solve problems.
- Engage Suppliers to ensure peak quality performance and on-time delivery of a quality product including support and verification of suppliers completion of program and supplier milestones.
- Supplier performance (root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions), monitoring supplier performance data to identify trends, analyzing opportunities for continuous improvement, and recommending supplier improvement actions including Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Support the identification, assessment, qualification, approval of new Suppliers (ESRTs, RESAs)
- Perform and support relevant program lifecycle Supplier Surveillance (e.g., Source Surveillance, First Article Verification, RESA and other assessment, etc)
- Generate and communicate reporting of Supplier quality performance, issues and strategies internally to Raytheon and to the Customer
- Interpret and apply quality notes and quality requirements to purchase orders to ensure subcontractor/supplier understanding
- Ensure flow down of Program and Product requirements to ensure compliance with quality requirements
- Assess subcontractor/supplier quality capabilities and products throughout the program life cycle to achieve full program objectives (MARCs, QDIs, Assessments (RESA), Product Acceptance, SDRLs)
- Identify systemic performance issues ensuring root-cause analysis and corrective solutions are identified and implemented with closure plans
- Drive continuous product / process improvements using statistical / analytical improvement tools such as Six Sigma and lean methodologies
- Work closely with other Quality functions, Cross Business Teams (CBTs) and as an integral member of the Subcontract Management Team (SMT) to affect rapid closure of issues utilizing analytical capabilities and communications skills
- Work with multiple levels within Raytheon, at supplier, and Customers
- Requires a related university degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Broad and deep understanding of and experience in Material Review Board, FRACAS, Failure Review Board processes and problem resolution of technical and/or quality issues
- Broad and deep understanding of Raytheon program lifecycle processes (IPDS/EPIC) and their effective deployment on programs
- Raytheon Earned Value Certification or Equivalent
- Experience in the review and approval of program level and supplier documentation
- Experience with Supplier Quality and/or Supplier Management
- Substantial experience in supplier root cause/corrective and preventive action generation, verification, validation and related trend analysis
- Experience with external customer (government) assessments / audits
- Experience with quality contractual flowdown process and tools (e.g., QRL, CQR, Quality Plan) including analysis and generation of noted documents or equivalent
- Experience with suppliers; requirement flow down, technical data package (TDP) reviews, translation of TDP to manufacturing data package (MDP), Subcontractor Data Requirements List (SDRL) deliverables, product acceptance and process evaluations and assessments at supplier’s facilities (eg RESA, customer assessments, First Articles, Source Surveillance)
- Experience in identification, mitigation of program level and supplier risks and opportunity realization
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Substantial expertise in effective change management and cross functional interface
- Understanding and knowledge of effective and compliant supplier Statement of work generation and relevant review and approval processes
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (CONUS/OCONUS)
- Desired Skills:
- General knowledge of industry technical standards (such as ANSI, CMMI, ASTM, etc.)
- Familiarity with associated Military and Commercial supportability Standards/Practices and Logistics
- Six Sigma, Lean and / or American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification (CQE, CQM/OE, CSQE, CQA, CRE, etc.)
- Experience with Quality systems, ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9102
- Experience with Raytheon IIS proposal process
- Understand and be able to assist in generating mature, repeatable processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations such as machining, PWB fabrication, Electronics Assembly, and harness assembly. Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Software/Embedded Software Development Methodologies such as Waterfall, Spiral, and AGILE
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with multiple customers or partners (both internal and external to the company)
- General knowledge of how aerospace and defense specifications/standards are flowed into quality and qualification requirements for purchased material
- Trained in risk and opportunity management
- General Statistical Process Control (SPC) knowledge including implementation
- Strong planning, facilitating and team building skills
- MACP SQE/QE/SWQE Level 4 a plus
Requires a related university degree or equivalent experience and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.