Raytheon is seeking a Linux System Administratorwith strong Systems Design and System Administration background to join our team in maintaining systems in a sustainment environment.
The position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
This position requires US Citizenship with a current DoD Secret Clearance
· 6+ years’ of experience directly related to Linux System Administration in a development environment
· 4+ years’ experience administering VMware
· Experience working in a technical team responsible for a large, complex computer environment
· Basic Network Administration knowledge utilizing CISCO
· Understanding of Storage Area Network concepts (SAN)
· Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
· Experience in the following areas: Patch Management, McAfee ePO, Clustering, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging
· Experience with Windows 2008/Windows 7; HP hardware (i.e. server, workstations RAIDS, and thin clients); Tivoli, SQL Server; and Red Hat Linux
· Must be willing and able to travel approximately 20% to off-site locations for installations and maintenance work on short notice as needed.
· Communication and diplomatic skills a must; interaction with various segments of the program.
· Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
· Must be a US Citizen with a current DoD Secret clearance
· Ensure successful planning, deployment, installation, and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations
· Experience with desktop workstation collaboration products and protocols
· Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting as well as Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
· Ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters
often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.