Candidate will be responsible for evaluating and documenting manufacturing processes supporting the North Texas Raytheon factories by designing, conducting investigations, soliciting observations from operators, and applying knowledge of production design, fabrication, assembly, process, tooling, and materials. The individual should have a passion and expectation for hands-on tasks, interacting with shop floor personnel and with engineering and manufacturing groups to ensure lean plans are created and implemented. The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and must possess a strong attention to detail. The individual will be required to provide training and guidance to transform the Texas CMC Factories into a Lean, Agile, and Flexible manufacturing operation.
- Work with operations and engineering teams supporting production requirements
- Design, develop, and implement good manufacturing processes and principles
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of projects and processes to achieve schedule and technical goals as assigned
- Four or more years of experience in specialized production within a manufacturing environment focused on safety, quality, schedule and cost
- Experience with factory processes and operations
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement and Lean Initiatives
- Demonstrated problem solving skill/ Capable of diagnosing problem root cause with limited upfront information
- Experience with CAD software (e.g. CREO)
- Detailed, hands-on experience in design and implementation of Lean and Agile cultural changes: Kaizen Events, Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma Methodologies
- Experience with new product introduction and the pro-active management of the process
- Experience with high-mix, low-volume production
- Hardware Design or System Design
- Experience with M/S Office Tools i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience with complex assembly of technical components
- Experience with Electro-Optical and Electro-mechanical manufacturing operations and processes (optics potting, soldering, testing, etc…)
- Familiarity with Raytheon systems (Visiprise Management (VM), Process Re-invention for Integrating Systems for Manufacturing ( PRISM ) and Product Data Management (PDM) )
- Knowledge and use of Process Simulation modeling tools
- Outstanding verbal/written communication and teamwork collaboration skills. The position requires an individual that can write technical process documents, write production work instructions and communicate production needs / status to all levels of the organization in a professional and thorough manner
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, dependable, and work well with others in a multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow rules and regulations. Willing to comply with all pertinent Raytheon EHS Directives and Instructions and other applicable Program and Site Directives and Raytheon Company Policies Adaptability and willing to work varying assignments
Bachelor’s Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree 125870
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.