This position is within the Engineering and IT Finance Department and is a key contributor in the execution of RMS Engineering Lab operations. This role will provide financial planning, analysis and oversight in support of Engineering Labs while also working to link new proposal efforts to other company investments (such as NBI) and to capital as part of an overall lab management strategy. Primary responsibilities will include working with Engineering Lab management that resides within the Engineering Operations Directorate and key managers that reside within the SD&P, Systems Test, ESD and MSD Directorates to identify and forecast engineering’s strategic infrastructure requirements that support both existing programs and Engineering Lab efforts. Other responsibilities include financial forecasting for Engineering Labs on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, providing variance analysis, analysis of data for financial accuracy and trends, preparation of internal financial reporting, and support of tactical and strategic meetings with the Engineering Lab Technical Council (ELTC) business leadership.
This position also works closely with the Engineering and IT Capital teams, participates in the resolution of purchasing questions between Lab overhead costs versus Engineering Capital or IT Overhead/Capital costs and prepares the overall Engineering Lab budget plan and associated budget/manpower requirements.
In addition, this position requires wide-ranging financial support and analysis across Engineering and IT Finance such as indirect budgets management, Corporate Internal policy awareness, and continuous improvement projects.
The individual will interface and partner with various cross-functional members of the business, including coordination with Government Accounting, E&IT Directorate Analysts, Supply Chain, and the Engineering community.
This position also provides financial support for the following areas:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- RMS Engineering Flight Operations
- Value Engineering Projects
- Small Business Innovative Research / STTR PMO
- Capture Engineering and Engineering Gate 4 (EG4)
Minimum Required Skills:
- Financial management of the Engineering Lab budget
- Primary contact for all strategic engineering lab initiatives
- Engage with various engineering directorates to ensure resources are planned accordingly to mitigate risk exposure
- Drive shared accountability in forecast accuracy within the Engineering Lab operations
- Prepare charts and present financial data to ELTC and ELTC Finance reviews. Assist with charts and presentations of financial data for VP of Engineering and various Director level stakeholders
- Provide risk and opportunity analysis on all financial metrics and make recommendations for risk and opportunity management to project managers
- Prepare and present quarterly formal forecast submissions
- Adherence to Raytheon Lab operations policies and Organizational Directives (OD)
- Coordinate with E&IT Finance Overhead Lead and other functions for concurrence on financial forecast assumptions
Highly Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline and 4 years of related finance experience or MBA and 2 years of related experience
- Color of money understanding (overhead, capital, expense, IRAD, etc.)
- Well versed in communicating financial concepts, trends and variances to senior leadership
- Strong experience with Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas)
- Experience using other Microsoft Office tools (including Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with project or task financial management and support including analyzing budgets, monitoring actual cost data, developing forecasts, and providing variance analysis
- Understanding of business management principles, concepts and practices and the ability to provide potential solutions for cost issues
- Able to meet critical deadlines and develop and apply solutions and process improvements
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Ability to take vague concepts and formulate cohesive executable plans
- Experience with modeling, creating formulas, and complex data mining using Excel
- Experience with SAP APEX, PRISM, BW, SRM and Microsoft Project
- Shows initiative by seeking ways to improve processes and data analysis
- Ability to quickly master Business Systems, processes and tools
- Estimating and/or Program finance experience
- Familiarity with SCM purchasing processes
- Familiarity with the IPDS gate process
- ROI and business case development and analysis
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.