CWMD Policy Analyst (Job Number:441125)
- Provide CWMD analytic support to Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, the Office of Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD), AF/A10S.
- Support the development of Air Force-wide guidance to the HAF, MAJCOMs and subordinate units for the development and implementation of CWMD policy, programs and projects relating to Air Force CWMD operations across the full spectrum of operations.
- Support the development, implementation and refinement of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) concepts of operations (CONOPS), including synchronizing operational plans, strategy, and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures related to CWMD military mission and national security strategies.
- Conduct studies, prepare position papers, and present briefings of conclusions and findings to AF senior leaders.
- Provide subject matter expertise on WMD challenges and mitigation strategies to the Joint Staff and Special Operations Command CWMD Coordination Group Strategy Plans and Policy Division (SPPD) working group; develop briefings and presentations on CWMD issues and policies.
- Maintain a continuous liaison with counterparts across the Air Staff, MAJCOMs, Service Headquarters, Combatant Commands, Department of Defense (DoD), and USG Interagency to ensure CWMD planning is consistent and integrated throughout the defense community.
- Support the Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration Deputy Chief of Staff representing Air Force CWMD equities within Joint Force, Interagency, and international forums by advising senior military and civilian leadership across the enterprise on DoD CWMD initiatives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of USAF and DoD CWMD goals, objectives, and programs to include the USAF's strategy and Strategic Master Plan, Counter-Chemical Warfare CONOPS, Counter- Biological Warfare CONOPS, and Counter- Radiological CONOPS.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with the AF CWMD governance structure (i.e., CWMD Policy Working Group, Operations Working Group, Modernization Working Group, and the CWMD Council).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Air Force and Joint staffing and planning processes to include the Joint Planning and Execution System (JOPES) used by the Joint Planning and Execution Community (JPEC), as well as the relationships of the various DoD CWMD entities involved in the overall planning and execution of military operations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; and maintain good working relations.
- Demonstrated experience responding to short notice requests and suspenses.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Security Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Biodefense required and six or more years of related experience; or Masters and four or more years of experience
- Active Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2018, 12:20:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job