Junior Software and Systems Engineer (Job Number:441004)
SAIC requires software and systems engineering support for Marine Corps Command and Control (C2) systems with a focus on communications systems including both fixed and portable (SINCGARS), PRC 117, PRC 150, and other High Frequency (HF), Very High Frequency (VHF), and Ultra High Frequency (UHF) equipment.).
- The successful candidate will support the development and integration of Marine Corps C2 systems and software for, primarily CAC2S, and other USMC/USN C2 programs.
- The successful candidate will support USMC Advanced C2 software and systems engineering, and test and evaluation support, with a focus on communications equipment, to the CAC2S program at Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren.
- This tasking will include supporting the verification of requirements and assisting in developing a disciplined software/systems engineering process to achieve a formal assessment of Marine Corps Command and Control systems.
- The successful candidate will support the definition and/or development of models and/or tools designed to further analyze capability issues and assist in the refinement of C2 System assessment measures/metrics, and assist in the characterization of Marine Corps C2 capability through the development of software, and the review and analysis of data from test events including but not limited to, documentation review, requirements analysis, functional decomposition and allocation, functional and physical architecture review.
Required Specific Skills:
- Bachelors and one year related experience. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Naval or Marine systems.
- Experience with all phases of software integration within an active software development environment.
- Experience with all types of software integration from source code to scripts to scenarios to test cases.
- Experience configuring/reconfiguring and integrating software and hardware environments on a deadline.
- Experience debugging within and across software environments and languages.
- Experience assisting with testing and field installation.
- Up to 25% travel is anticipated
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2018, 7:05:48 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-DAHLGREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job