Senior Network Administrator (Job Number:441069)
SAIC is hiring a Senior Network Administrator to Support HITS at Wright Patterson AFB.
- HITS is looking for a Senior Network Engineer that will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and installation of network infrastructure and promoting consistency in processes and documentation by maintaining network diagrams, documentation and labeling of network components and cabling.
- The successful candidate will participate, as directed by the capability team lead, in root cause analysis and management escalation activities.
- The candidate will also maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. and will evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field and five (5) or more years of relevant experience; Masters in Computer Science or a related field and three (3) or more years of relevant experience; or a High School Diploma and nine (9) or more years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have an active or interim DoD TS clearance to be considered.
- Must have an active Security + certification and be able to meet DoD 8570 requirements.(Must have a Security+ certification and be able to obtain a Network or OS certification if you do not already have one).
Must have a working knowledge of enterprise networking technologies from vendors such as:
- Extreme Networks
- Ruckus Networks
- Brocade Networks
- Juniper Networks
- Arista Networks
- Cisco Networks
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2018, 8:06:41 AM
Primary Location: United States-OH-WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job