District of Columbia
CWMD Senior Ops Analyst (Job Number:441060)
- Provide analytic support to Headquarters Air Force Assistant Chief of Staff for Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, (AF/A10S).
- Provide quantitative, technical analytical support to assure USAF Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction policy is feasible and effective.
- Apply CBRN technical and analytical expertise to develop and identify changes to USAF strategies and tactics, techniques and procedures to survive and operate in a chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear contaminated environments.
- Conduct detailed modeling and simulation using VLSTRAC, HPAC and JEM, of agent dispersal and behavior in typical USAF operating environments. Analyze impacts of those models, informed by scientific principles, on air operations at the installation level.
- Determine probable impacts of CBRN on USAF critical mission operations during major combat operations, develop science-based risk management decision aids for mitigation of current and projected CBRN hazards.
- Determine operational benefit, strengths and limitations of USAF CBRN equipment and procedures to include desired equipment performance criteria with accompanying operational rational for values.
- Develop recommendations for changes to joint and USAF plans, operations, tactics, techniques and procedures to improve interoperability across the joint force (USAF, USA, USMC and USN components) and ability to meet combatant commander tasks.
- Maintain currency in scientific literature related to CBRN. Survey test results, assess validity and relevance for USAF operating environments and recommend incorporation of appropriate data into analytical products.
- Prepare oral and written reports and briefings, in a form understandable to a non- technical expert, using MS Office suite of products. Present reports orally in briefing format to senior USAF and Joint leaders (3 star and above).
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required
- 10+ years of related work experience
- Strong analytic and problem- solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint at a minimum)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Prior military experience at tactical and operational levels equivalent to USAF senior NCO or company grade officer desired to provide Air Force insight
- Counter WMD experience/expertise
- Must currently obtain a Top Secret - must be able to obtain a TS/SCI
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2018, 12:10:03 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job