Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is recruiting highly talented engineers with skills and background related to launch vehicle booster reuse and refurbishment quality engineering in rocket avionics, structures and mechanisms to assist the Air Force redefine the future of National Security space launch, and we are growing our team to bring SpaceX Falcon Heavy in to the Air Force portfolio. We are seeking experienced and energetic candidates to join our world-class team in Hawthorne, CA. This position supports Air Force Space and Missile Center (SMC) certification and Non-Recurring Design Validation of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch vehicle being used to provide launch services for National Security Space (NSS) satellite missions.
- Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives.
- Interface with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors and team members.
- Work with the launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities.
- Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer.
- Compile and present weekly status charts from the ManTech Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Falcon Heavy manufacturing and quality assurance team to the Air Force customer leadership.
- Perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for Engineering Review Boards and design reviews.
- Interface with the Air Force customer, SpaceX design engineers, SpaceX project manager(s), and SpaceX production personnel.
- Conduct assessments and evaluations/ audits of manufacturing products and processes per applicable military and industry/commercial standards, and/or Launch Service Provider company standards to meet certification objectives and document these results/findings for government review and concurrence.
- Work closely with other Quality and Manufacturing and design engineers to support as-designed and as-built verification.
- Establish and maintain configuration control associated with the manufacturing baseline.
- Ensure each launch service provider performs physical configuration audits by following established and standardized processes.
- A Bachelors Degree or higher in a relevant subject such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering, and 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Strong background in Structures, Propulsion, and Vehicle Engineering of launch vehicles in the context of manufacturing and equipment integration of propulsion systems and sub-systems
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, listening with oral and written communication skills, leadership skills and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite, specifically MS Power Point and MS Excel
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance.
Other Skills Preferred:
- 8-10 years of experience with BS and experience involving quality engineering, product ability or manufacture of complex products; application of modern quality principles and methods including: quality management system standards, product and process controls, measurement and test, audits, statistical applications, corrective and preventive actions, and lean manufacturing.
- Experience with space-qualified parts fabrication and assembly.
- Background in materials, thermal properties, resonance and fatigue requirements.
- Experience with manufacturing-based ERP systems
- Master's Degree desirable
- Active secret security clearance (strongly preferred)
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certificate by American Standard for Quality, or equivalent certificate preferred
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.