full-time employee contract
ManTech is recruiting highly talented engineers with skills and background related to launch vehicle engineering in rocket avionics, structures and mechanisms to assist the Air Force redefine the future of National Security space launch, and we are growing our team to bring SpaceX Falcon Heavy in to the Air Force portfolio. We are seeking experienced and energetic candidates to join our world-class team in El Segundo, CA. This position supports Air Force Space and Missile Center (SMC) certification and Non-Recurring Design Validation of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch vehicle being used to provide launch services for National Security Space (NSS) satellite missions.
• Lead team of Project Engineers and provide management interface to enable Air Force decisions regarding certification and verification of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch vehicle.
• Manage weekly and daily products delivered by ManTech as the Systems Engineering & Integration contractor to the Air Force
• Support the review and certification/verification of new launch vehicle provider system design and processes.
• Evolve certification strategy consistent with national space strategy.
• Document Lessons Learned on New Entrant certification plans
• Assist the Air Force customer respond to higher headquarters level taskers, media inquiries, etc.
• Maintain situational awareness of all New Entrant certification activities to ensure a level playing field for all New Entrants
• Provide Engineering Review Board assessments and launch risk assessments and recommendations
• Prepare status and readiness review packages.
• Support live launch rehearsals and launch operations.
• Review and analyze Launch Vehicle Propulsion design, manufacturing, test, & flight data
• Produce integrated technical assessments on current and future launch vehicle and launch pad design, test, manufacturing, and operations.
• Prepare assessments of Engineering Review Boards including risk recommendations.
• Support Air Force launch services acquisition functions such as requirements development, request for proposals, source selection, and cost/technical/schedule/performance reports.
• Prepare Customer team for, and support rehearsals and launch operations and anomaly resolution.
• Perform technical and engineering data management, such as data mining and reporting.
• Plan, coordinate, and brief at Chief Engineer Review Boards and other meetings.
• Collaborate with Aerospace Corporation, Launch Service Providers (LSPss), Launch Sites, and factories.
• Prepare weekly and other written evaluations and reports of a technical nature.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering or technical field relevant to engineering, and minimum 16 years of related experience, or Master’s Degree in an engineering or technical field with 14 years of related experience, or PhD degree in an engineering or technical field with 12 years of related experience.
• Technical experience and training (i.e., military technical training, vocational training, and unique experience) may be substituted for degree requirements.
• Knowledge of Air Force and NASA launch and range systems and operations
• Experience with hardware processing, integration, testing, and launch and anomaly resolution.
• Strong background and experience in Aerospace and Launch Vehicles structures and mechanical systems.
• Experience leading and managing a cross-functional team in a dynamic environment. Excellent leadership abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams during design, test, and evolution.
• Demonstrated ability to perform design reviews, pre- and post-test reviews, failure analysis reviews
• Demonstrated ability preparing and giving written and verbal presentations and reports to senior engineers and management.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an Air Force or other government headquarters organization and with NASA, Launch Vehicle Contractors, and Federally Funded Research and Development (FFRDC) contractors
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated independence, initiative and dedicated proactive problem solving
• Sound judgment, effective decision-making, successful collaboration with multiple agencies and personnel
• Demonstrated competency with MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and collaborative software products such as MS SharePoint-type databases and Information Systems databases.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance
Other Skills Preferred:
• Master’s degree desirable.
• PMP certification a plus.
• Active Secret Security clearance (strongly preferred)