full-time employee contract
ManTech is recruiting highly talented engineers with skills and background related to launch vehicle manufacturing and quality project management to assist the Air Force redefine the future of National Security space launch, and we are growing our team to bring SpaceX Falcon Heavy in to the Air Force portfolio. We are seeking experienced and energetic candidates to join our world-class team in El Segundo, CA. This position supports Air Force Space and Missile Center (SMC) certification and Non-Recurring Design Validation of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch vehicle being used to provide launch services for National Security Space (NSS) satellite missions.
• Lead and manage a team of highly talented, multi-disciplined manufacturing and quality engineers helping the Air Force certify and validate the non-recurring design of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch vehicle for use launching NSS satellite missions.
• Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives.
• Responsible for daily tasks and oversight of ManTech's Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch vehicle Manufacturing and Quality Assurance (M&QA) Engineering support team.
• Work with the launch service provider to create and manage a third-party audit plan, schedule and track audits to be performed during certification activities.
• Monitor and review tasks and products being produced by M&QA engineering team, which include but not limited to: data tables, audit checklists, engineering review board presentations, and report status to the Air Force customer.
• Review completed team products and deliverables for completeness and acceptance. Develop high-level templates for engineering review board presentations.
• Compile and present weekly status charts of team to Air Force customer leadership. Oversee the team’s completion of audits and audit checklists in preparation for engineering review boards.
• Develop products such as data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and report status to the Air Force customer.
• Interface with the Air Force customer, SpaceX design engineers, SpaceX project manager(s), and SpaceX production personnel.
• Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
• Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
• Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
• Assess/evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
• Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
• Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
• Assess SpaceX facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, and vendor/supplier control requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering, with 12 years minimum experience involving manufacture of complex products; application of manufacturing principles and methods including: product design, process design, producibility, process qualifications/validation, product design requirements flow down to manufacturing process requirements/documentation, product and process controls, measurement and test, product/process audits, statistical applications, configuration management, and lean manufacturing.
• Management and leadership experience.
• Strong work ethic, flexibility, and attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills; oral and written communication skills; organizational skills; ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic stressful environment.
• Detailed knowledge and use of Microsoft office products, specifically MS Word, PowerPoint and Project and PC usage.
• Strong communication and auditing skills, team participator, including resolving conflict.
• Experience with space-qualified parts fabrication and assembly.
• Experience with manufacturing-based ERP systems.
• Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
• Experience with Rocket propulsion systems and subsystems (engines, tanks, pumps, and etc.) manufacturing and test.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance
Other Skills Preferred:
• 8-10 years of experience with BS and experience involving quality engineering, product ability or manufacture of complex products; application of modern quality principles and methods including: quality management system standards, product and process controls, measurement and test, audits, statistical applications, corrective and preventive actions, and lean manufacturing; strong background in launch or satellite systems manufacturing is highly desired.
• Master's Degree desirable.
• PMP certification desirable.
• Active Secret Security clearance (strongly preferred)
• Experience with Air Force Space and Missile Center (SMC) or other government headquarters preferred.
• Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certificate by American Standard for Quality, or equivalent certificate preferred.