Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking an experienced Program Protection Specialist to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) Sustained Support Contract (NISSC)
NISSC supports the accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States. NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide
This position is for a Program Protection Specialist to support vulnerability and compliance scanning of ITW/AA and Legacy Space Mission Systems. In addition, candidate selected will provide alternate ISSO support at Peterson AFB and Cheyenne Mountain AFS.
- Perform reoccurring cyber hygiene activities to ensure system security controls are operating and monitoring mission integrity.
- Assess known systems vulnerabilities and verifying system hardening and patching activities to ensure compliance with the most current applicable Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)/Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and related checklists
- Prepare documentation (artifacts and bodies of evidence) to support assessment and authorization (A&A) activities necessary to ensure system sustained Approval to Operate (ATO)
- Perform and provide vulnerability assessment results and recommendations to the NISSC Cyber Security personnel
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and in possession of current Secret clearance with the ability to obtain up to TS/SCI.
- Experience with performing assessments of various operating systems with DISA STIGs and SRGs.
- Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g., ACAS and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- Understanding of DoD RMF Certification and Accreditation Processes, assessing and validating compliance with IA controls and developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation.
- Must possess DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-II compliant Professional Certification (e.g. Security + CE, CISSP, GSEC, etc.).
- Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX, and Linux).
- Proven ability to make sound decisions and implement all aspects of information systems security as it applies to NISPOM Chapter 8, NIST SPs, and other government doctrine.
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage to schedule.
- Communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes.
Desired Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical experience with ITW/AA and or legacy space mission and/or systems (CCIC2S, CPS, DECON, SPADOC, SDS, SISP, ASW).
- Familiar with NIST Risk Management Framework as described in NIST Special Publication 800-37.
- Experience with information security toolsets such as HBSS.
- Experience with network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for LINUX, Microsoft, Juniper or CISCO systems.
- Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision.
- Ability to support periodic travel (around 10%).
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical discipline and at least 2 years applicable experience & professional certifications mandatory (relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree; 2 years experience to 1 year education).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.