Raytheon Intelligence, Information & Services (IIS) is seeking a Senior Level II System Engineer for Field Engineering (FE) Technical Support Services for the F-15 Fighter Aircrafts at Warner Robins, GA.
This Senior System Engineer II will provide reliability and maintainability engineering services to the F-15 and the US Air Force customer. As a Subject Matter expert, the engineer will test, analyze, investigate and provide solutions to deficiencies for complex F-15 airborne radar and avionics assemblies maintained by the USAF depot. The engineer shall design, develop and improve unit and module test program sets to correct test voids between system, unit, module, and component level test. Analyze field discrepancy reports and maintenance databases for trends. The engineer must be able to understand Raytheon and USAF processes and documentation. And the engineer must be able to collect, organize, and track hardware while investigating failure trends.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in the investigation of analog, digital, and radio frequency (RF) hardware down to component level.
- Excellent analog, digital, and RF skills are required.
- Radar or airborne avionics system, unit and module test and integration experience.
- Use of various types of test equipment is essential.
- Knowledgeable in reading, interpreting and understanding technical and engineering documentation, including USAF technical data; OEM assembly drawings, schematics, specifications, processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of unit and module test hardware/software operation for maintaining Test Program Sets (TPS) to correct test voids and test deficiencies between system, unit, module, and component level requirements.
- Customer oriented and ability to interface with customer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with others and work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work in a complex interrupt driven environment.
- Must be able to travel to occasionally support F-15 fleet worldwide for USAF and FMS.
- Must have a current US DoD Secret Clearance.
- Knowledge of F-15 FAPA, FORTAN77, C-Language, ATLAS 416/716, LASAR, LABVIEW, LABWINDOWS, ELAN & DAP16.
- F-15 Avionics backshop or depot experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with engineering design teams in order to influence product design to meet life cycle goals.
- Ability to operate independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to make clear and concise presentations to program, engineering, and customer personnel.
- Ability to follow-through on commitments and reach closure on actions / issues.
Required Education (including Major):
- Security Clearance Requirement: A SECRET Clearance is required. Must have an ACTIVE existing SECRET Level Clearance.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or a minimum of 12 years experience and/or a combination of experience education and training may substitute for the degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.