The Senior Technical Support Engineer II (Illustrator/Technical Writer) is responsible for documentation of the design of major functional systems and related major components for manufacturing operations processes, field service engineering support, and end-user operations and maintenance procedures and training system materials. Primary job focus is to influence the Design for Support and Support the Design life cycle logistics engineering concepts.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer II (Illustrator/Technical Writer) will develop and deliver logistics data, provisioning data, technical data, technical publications, and training system materials for Space and Airborne Systems programs. These activities encompass the aspects of supportability engineering as they relate to Logistics, Provisioning, Technical Data Management, and Training & Training Support and include the interaction with the other Integrated Product Support domains such as Computer Resources, Design Interface, Facilities & Infrastructure, Maintenance Planning & Management, Manpower & Personnel, Packaging, Handling, Storage, & Transportation, Product Support Management, Supply Support, Support Equipment, and Sustaining Information.
The candidate will work in a team environment and will be required to interface with the customer and come to agreements for all issues related to assigned deliverables.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer II (Illustrator/Technical Writer) will be expected to:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Required Skills:
- Assist with proposal activities
- Perform cost estimates and EVM Performance input
- Influence Product Design for Supportability
- Coordinate Logistics, Provisioning, Technical Publications, and Training System development efforts
- Work with Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering and other related disciplines to gather and create documentation on complex electronic systems
- Support quality assurance efforts, assemble documentation for audits and ensure that documentation is compliant with appropriate regulations
- Maintain documentation standards and keep abreast of current information by associating with professional individuals or societies or by reviewing professional publications, newsletters, e-mail, and internet sites
- Interpret military specifications and plan compliant deliverable materials
- A minimum of 6 years creating graphics in a technical field
- A minimum of 6 years writing experience in a technical field with an emphasis on logistics and technical documentation
- Experience distilling complex information into clear, concise, and accurate text
- Experience in Mil-Spec/S1000D Technical Publications development
- Experience in Mil-Spec/S1000D Technical Illustrations and Graphics development
- Experience in Mil-Spec/S2000M Provisioning data development
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent proof reading, grammatical skills, and attention to detail
- Experience in creating, editing, and maintaining internal and external support documentation, illustrations, and graphics
- Experience in creating, editing, and maintaining on-line (internet/web-based) documentation
- Experience in developing documentation for project plans and timelines
- Ability to work well with all organizational levels
- Ability to work independently and to deliver accurate materials under deadline pressures
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other groups to collect and interpret their inputs
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and train employees and provide informational assistance on an ongoing basis.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Required Education (including Major):
- Mil-Spec/S3000L Logistics Support Analysis data development
- Mil-Spec/S2000M Provisioning data development
- Level 4 Interactive Electronic Technical Manual experience
- Technical 3D animation development and rendering
- ADDIE ISD familiarity. Mil-Spec Front End Analysis/Training System Requirements Analysis experience a plus
- Aircrew and Maintenance Training Device design, development, sustainment, operation, and instruction
- Classroom, hands-on/over the shoulder, and live flight instruction
- Familiarity with the following tools/applications: HTML, XML, PDF, Excel, Adobe Illustrator and FrameMaker, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, MS Visio, Creo, IsoDraw, MS Word, MS Office applications, Eagle DB, and Eagle Publishing Suite
- US and International military programs
Bachelor’s Degree NOTE: In lieu of Bachelor's degree, candidate may also possess an Associate's degree with 10 years' related experience OR High school Diploma with 14 years' of related experience.Desired Education
: MBA or MS 126104
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.