Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) Business area is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineering Lead (SE Lead) to provide technical direction for the Wildcat Program. The successful candidate has a solid understanding of commercial remote sensing (space and ground station) requirements and has demonstrated successful technical leadership.
The Wildcat program supplies a turnkey sovereign Electro Optical Remote Sensing (EORS) satellite system (space & ground) for military and civilian missions, such as border monitoring and security, and disaster management and recovery. The program’s deliverables include mission management, command and control, image processing, and space/ground communications subsystems, a high-resolution EORS satellite, launch and launch support services and training.
The SE Lead supports the success of program technical objectives for all segments including Ground, Space, and Launch. The SE Lead oversees all technical, schedule, and financial performance of engineering work within the assigned work area, and is accountable to the Program Chief Engineer and the functional manager. The SE Lead will lead technical reviews, evaluate the work of staff and subcontractors, coordinate and participate in engineering designs and builds, monitor day-to-day operations and will be responsible for technical decisions and designs.
- B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or science is required. A graduate level degree or higher is desired.
- 8 years of demonstrated technical experience in systems engineering, systems integration and test of large system/software development programs for Ground, Space and Launch, 10 years preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with space environment effects and proactive flow of requirements and specifications to spacecraft build team.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing spacecraft requirements for manufacturing and build. Demonstrated experience evaluating spacecraft system and component level tests (TVAC and vibration). Demonstrated experience integrating spacecraft and ground system, including definition of integration events, test planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience participating in Failure Review Boards. Experience assessing hardware damage events and performing corresponding use-as-is analysis.
- Successful Bid and Proposal experience, preferably commercial firm fixed price.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other related disciplines (Software, Hardware, etc)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in multiple systems engineering functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of customers, users, peer groups, contractors, and vendors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills to customers and/or senior leadership.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools including Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Able to identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
- Ability to travel as needed to support program and business goals
U.S. Citizenship is required. Ability to obtain and maintain secret level security clearance, with eligibility for Top SecretThis position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience as a SETA/consultant supporting spacecraft build.
- Experience supporting an onsite sub-contract management team.
- Demonstrated expertise in a multi-national, multi-cultural setting
- Experience in as a Lead Systems Engineer for a large, fixed-price program that include firm fixed price subcontractors who must deliver significant system content
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.