Be a part of Raytheon Financial Accounting, a world class finance organization that leads by example and is highly respected and valued by our internal and external customers. Work for an organization that is noted for its teamwork within Finance and across functional boundaries.
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) Financial Accounting organization in McKinney, Texas is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to lead the Government Accounting team. This key member will interface regularly across all functions within SAS and with Corporate Government Accounting. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of SAS Government Accounting within the Controller’s organization, the selected candidate will have responsibility to lead the following functions:
- Preparing and submitting an adequate SAS Final Indirect Rate Proposal
- Maintaining the SAS Cost Accounting Standards Board (CASB) Disclosure Statements
- Responding to Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) inquiries and audit reports
- Liaison support of DCMA and DCAA audits
- Compliance support for SAS subsidiaries, Applied Signal Technology (AST) and BBN Technologies
- Providing guidance related to policies & procedures, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Conducting CAS reviews and assessments of cost collection practices
- Providing guidance related to labor efforts (New Business Investment, Support Labor, Ethics)
- Supporting Corporate and customer related metrics and reporting (Corporate Compliance, external financial CPA firm reviews)
- Review and approval of Special Burden material determinations
- Assessing cost impacts
- This position provides an excellent opportunity for networking with other SAS organizations, other Raytheon Business Units and Corporate. This role will develop and implement strategies that establish guidelines and optimize overall business results.
The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a challenging, fast-paced, deadline driven environment. They must also demonstrate an ability to take ownership and be accountable through individual actions and teamwork, continually working toward the goal of improving processes and efficiency. This position requires building positive relationships with our internal and external customers. Required Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years financial experience with related Bachelor’s degree, or 6 years with related Master’s degree
- Demonstrated ability to consistently interpret and apply company policy, FAR and CAS requirements to ensure compliant decisions that mitigate financial impacts to the company.
- Proven ability to understand complex cost accounting structures, including labor bid categories, overhead pools (primary and secondary), general and administrative rates, and cost collection methodologies
- Experience in analyzing and responding to Government audit reports
- Experience working with DCAA auditors and DCMA personnel to respond to requests and to resolve differences of opinion
- Strong background in defense accounting with experience in a variety of financial disciplines within that environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks across a team to ensure adequate, timely completion
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills capable of creating effective relationships within the Finance team, and with internal and external customers.
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience with SAP/R3 and PRISM
- Broad understanding of overall business processes and their interactions (accounting, cost accounting, estimating, forward pricing rates, estimates-at-completion, earned value management, material management and accounting systems (MMAS), procurement and property
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with 8 years of relevant experienceDesired Education:
Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with 6 years of relevant experienceRaytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.