What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Join a dynamic, inclusive, and growing professional Cyber Security organization. Raytheon Cyber Solutions was created to expand growth opportunities with a focus on system Anti-Tamper (AT) and Cyber Security architecture, requirements, design and implementation, as well as Cyber resiliency, threat awareness, and integration of Enterprise Cyber capabilities into IDS franchise solutions.
SADID is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within IDS. SADID provides requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems.
This department aligns with Raytheon and Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) overall strategy to Extend Branded Solutions Globally by expanding strategic relationships and growth opportunities. As a result, Cyber Security is embedded into our major strategic programs, key pursuits, and product solutions. The Raytheon IDS - Cyber Solutions and Integration Department (CSI) Department is within the Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID).
The Department Manager (DM) is responsible for results and effectiveness of the department functional management of over 60 individuals. It is critical that the DM focus on recruitment, development and retention of the various skills required to support IDS programs and pursuits. Extensive interface with the program offices, customer, prime contractor, subcontractors and other engineering disciplines is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Required Skills:
- Ensuring Systems Engineering excellence on responsible IDS Programs
- Providing continuous improvement of our people, processes, tools and products.
- Reviewing program status, executing corrective actions, assisting the Director in all areas related to Directorate operations including program/proposal staffing, cost proposal preparation and approval, personnel development and growth, performance development process, direction of IDS initiatives and controlling overhead expenses.
- Extensive interaction with Program Managers, CPT and IPT Leads, and Directorate Managers to achieve business objectives.
- Ensuring compliance with all phases of the Gate process for all assigned capture activities and program to maximize business performance.
- Monitoring all EACs, Earned Value and develop tracking books to ensure program execution meets or exceeds program execution expectations.
- Manage the development, review and approval of program BOEs.
- Proactively contribute to the performance of the Directorate through program performance, product solutions, and flawless execution.
- Supporting strategic efforts for the directorate to achieve the IDS strategy for growth.
- Defining cyber requirements and design solutions, providing guidance and direction related to security technologies.
- Performing analysis on cybersecurity collected data and test results.
- Identifying and implementing cybersecurity design and preparing and maintaining engineering and security related documentation.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active/Current Secret US Security Clearance.
- 12+ years of Systems Engineering experience with knowledge of Information Assurance/Cyber Engineering requirements, determination, development, or implementation
- 5+ years of prior leadership experience in a technical capacity.
- Experience in security systems engineering involving various computer hardware and software operating system and application solutions in both a stand-alone and in LAN/WAN configurations
- Experience with information security toolset including anti-virus and Vulnerability Assessment.
- Experience preparing both technical and cost proposals, as well as the ability to critically review proposals.
- Experience in line management of complex engineering teams driving performance and managing through change.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) or related field.
- Masters/PhD in an applicable field
- EVMS100 and EVMS200 Certified
- Familiarity with Military customer structures
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working alongside Customer to bring in new contracts
- Ability to Obtain Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience with network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for UNIX (HP-UX & Solaris), MS Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CISCO system.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering requirements, specifications, and Experience implementing DoD and Federal IA Certification and Accreditation Processes, IA controls and developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation
- DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-II Compliant Certification
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Familiar with NIST Risk Management Framework as described in NIST Special Publication 800-37
- Familiar with Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
- Security related Network (e.g., Cisco) and Operating Systems (e.g., Solaris) certification or training
- Prior leadership experience (e.g. IPT Lead, CPT Lead, Project Manager, Chief Engineer, etc.).
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience. Working knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) / Sarbanes-Oxley Estimate to Complete (EAC).
- Experience with security features and/or vulnerability of various operating systems as defined by NSA, NIST, DISA (STIGs) and USCYBERCOM.
- Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g., Retina, NMap, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Proven experience with IPDS and CMMI 5-compliant Gate Reviews and Tracking Books.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.