Raytheon’s Office of General Counsel is seeking a paralegal to provide a full range of paralegal and administrative support functions. This position will report to the Vice President, Legal – Space and Airborne Systems, and will support several attorneys within Raytheon’s Office of General Counsel. The position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Research and document legal justification for business courtesies in foreign countries. Gets apostiles from Depts of State
· Conduct various document searches and factual research
· Conduct research and resolve routine legal questions under direction of an attorney
· Collect documents / information and respond to subpoenas. Organize and maintain litigation files
· Generate charts, tables, reports, correspondence and other materials with speed and accuracy
· Process outside counsel and other billing invoices for payment.
· Provide backup administrative support to other attorneys and staff within the Office of General Counsel
· Establish detailed knowledge of the Office of General Counsel members, locations, assigned positions; develop and maintain excellent working relationships and communication channels with other professional staff and executive assistants
·Bachelor’s degree or associates degree with paralegal certification.
·Two years of applicable experience
·Ability to work independently
·Ability to manage and prioritize large quantities of information
·Ability to work with time constraints and adapt to changing situations
·Highly professional decorum, and positive attitude; willingness to learn and be innovative
·Self-starter with initiative and independent judgment for assisting team members
·Internet proficiency and ability to learn and use internal and external tools
·Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
·Ability to stay organized and to manage multiple high priorities; strong attention to detail
·Exceptional interpersonal skills
·Excellent written and oral communication skills
·Good Microsoft Office Skills
·Experience conducting research, including ability to use Bloomberg research tools and similar resources
·Ability to work with legal matter management and analytics systems such as Serengeti and Legal Hold Pro
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.