Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Seconded Project TAR Mgr - Carson, CA
Job Number: 1074413
Under broad direction, is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related disciplines or sub-groups within the project function. Manages the delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction to managers or professional staff. Participates in the development of project controls strategy and is responsible for global processes and procedures in estimating, project risk control, cost control, and scheduling. Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and/or 15
years of experience, 4 of which should be in a management / leadership role.
• A project engineer in the West Coast region is responsible for executing a wide variety of small/medium projects Steam Methane Reformer operating facilities located predominately in the California and Alberta, Canada area, but includes other regions as well. The HyCO Site Services (HSS) maintains a multi skilled team to implement EH&S, productivity and reliability projects rapidly and in coordination with the operating facilities. Excellent communication and leadership skills along with a broad knowledge of engineering disciplines are required when dealing with a project load that spans several sites. This position will be primarily located in Carson, CA which serves as the HSS hub for the West Coast Region.
Integrity is a vital part of the culture and employees are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards and communicate across all channels with respect and honesty.
When it comes to safety at Air Products ZERO IS ACHIEVABLE. Our goal is zero injuries and incidents. People have said that it is an impossible goal. Employees have the capability and determination to make "zero" happen across all aspects of our safety performance by prioritizing safety in words and actions to protect self, others and the environment.
Demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to take on new opportunities and embrace tough challenges with a sense of ownership, energy and urgency. He / She must be able to approach work both individually and as a member of the team.
Seeks out diverse thinking to maximize the use of others’ experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. The ability to introduce new ways of looking at problems and getting work done and proposing value added solutions is important to this position.
Position Summary Statement:
Geographical Scope: West Coast (Northern and Southern California, Alberta, Michigan, Kentucky)
• Number of Facilities: Approximately 9 large Steam Methane Reforming Hydrogen plants.
• Reports to: HSS Lead
• Functional interaction with:
Project Engineers in HSS (local APCI and contract)
Mechanical, I&E, Civil Designers in HSS (local APCI, contract, external firms)
Project Technician in HSS (remote)
Global Engineering (Allentown)
Plant Operations (local)
Process Engineers (local and corporate)
Maintenance Resources (local)
EH&S Specialists (local)
• Travel: Position may require as much as
25-40% travel depending on assigned work load, with an increase in travel for outages or large project execution as needed. Ability to obtain TWIC and passport for entry to Canada on a work permit is required.
• During outages, 12 hour work days/7 days per week is required to support project execution.
• Lead assigned portion of capital program and manage all engineering and design resources.
• Assist in the development of strategic plans to meet the infrastructure needs of plants.
• Develop scope for HSS executed debottlenecking, process safety, or infrastructure projects.
• Develop estimates, funding documents, schedule, and ongoing forecasts for plant executed projects within SAP.
• Ensure all projects receive adequate process hazard reviews, Management of Change documentation, ORI’s, and that all recommendations are completed in a timely manner.
• Ensure inherent process safety is adhered to on all project designs.
• Manage project safety.
• Maintain projects on budget and schedule.
• Ensure all projects meet the operability needs of the customer.
• Uphold and communicate high standards of housekeeping in assigned areas and on all job sites. Conduct frequent formal housekeeping inspections of plant areas.
• Support turnarounds and outages, with potential growth into planning and leading turnarounds.
Recommended Skills And Experience
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership abilities
• Manufacturing plant operations, maintenance, and capital projects experience
• Role model within Project Engineering function
• High ethical standards - unwilling to compromise on worker safety and regulatory compliance requirements
• Organizational credibility - able to influence business area, engineering and manufacturing managers in decision making process
• 3-10 years’ experience in maintenance and/or engineering disciplines, preferably with experience in industrial outages
• Basic understanding of operating plant environment
• Basic understanding of the process technologies employed in PPO & PST operations
• Technical degree (chemical engineering or mechanical engineering preferred)
• Experience with piping design and understanding of ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1 a plus
• Basic understanding of process controls philosophy is a plus
• Professional Engineer is a plus
Job: Construction Management