Security Information & Event Management SME (Job Number:441115)
- SAIC is seeking a Sr. Cyber Security Engineer who will be a member of the technical engineering and services solutions to a DoD Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) in support of mission critical DoD systems in Stafford, VA.
- Ensure the sensor grid is communicating information to the SIEM product.
- Ensure the SIEM is correlating data in a way that is useful, actionable, and reliable.
- Ensure the SIEM is functional, available, and useable.
- Oversee and implement changes to the SIEM product based on ITIL change and configuration management practices.
- Ensure trouble tickets for the SIEM are triaged, investigated, and resolved within a timely manner.
- Interfaces regularly with client and internal contract personnel, as well as SIEM vendor when necessary.
- Leads presentations to customers to educate or obtain approvals on design concepts and technology recommendations.
- Oversees the recommendation of optimized solutions to support current and long range planning and collaborates with project team leads in the selection, recommendation, and approval of tools and technologies to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Provides system architecture, design, and security solution designs for large current programs or for extremely complex bids and proposals.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related IT field and 14+ years experience. An additional four years experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in supporting CND and/or network systems and technology.
- 5+ years of experience managing personnel in an information assurance environment.
- Possess CNDSP/CSSP Infrastructure Support certification. - Possess IAT Level III certification.
- Experience leading operations and maintenance support for an enterprise-level (minimum of 50k users) SIEM. 8140 (8570) CSSP (CNDSP) Infrastructure
- Must possess an IAT Level II certification (CCNA Security, Security + CE, SSCP, or GSEC) on day one.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2018, 11:14:33 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-QUANTICO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job