Technical Writer (Job Number:441155)
SAIC is seeking to hire a Technical Writer in San Diego, CA to support the Marine Test & Evaluation of UMV Lab Systems.
- Under general supervision, the Technical Writer writes and edits technical reports, brochures, and/or manuals for internal documentation, customer reference, or publication.
- Researches and analyzes available literature and verifies copy with appropriate departments, and may coordinate production and distribution of materials.
- Revises or writes standardized material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment.
- Receives technical direction from supervisor or senior writer, notes or manuals containing operating procedures and details manufacturer's catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
Required Education and Experience
- Active DOD Secret clearance.
- 5 years’ experience as a technical writer
- 5 years program support experience with program technical documents, program processes, and configuration.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products, to include Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must have demonstrated experience with Navy test plans, Operational Risk Management (ORM), and other planning documents
- Must have experience writing at-sea test plans and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree is desired but not required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 29, 2018, 10:49:08 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Shift: Day Job