Help Desk Agent Mid level (Job Number:441138)
This position provides first line technical support for local and remote users, resolving technical problems and answering queries through various channels such as telephone, chat, email, and tickets submitted online. Follows all company and department documented policies and procedures. Identifies, diagnoses isolates, and resolves problems with hardware, software, network, and system/applications utilizing technical skills, historical database records, and knowledgebase documentation. Supporting commercial (COTS) software, customer specific applications, internet browsers, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and more. May route tickets to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists, requiring clearly documented descriptions of customers request and any troubleshooting performed. Maintains and updates records in the Incident Management system. This is a shift work position in a 24x7x365 environment requiring flexibility in work hours.
- Provide triage of inbound requests via phone, email, web, and chat
- Act as customer facing point of contact to IT Support to supported users
- Create detailed tickets in the IT SMS
- Provide basic troubleshooting across a broad range of services using SOPs, and the Knowledge Base.
- Fulfill standard Service Requests
- Accurately Escalate Incidents that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 to higher Tiers
- Perform account maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, user account provisioning.
- Provide second level technical support to computer customers with questions regarding account administration, distribution of software and documentation, system and network status, incident entry via incident management tool and problem management and root cause analysis process
- Improve quality of service delivery and provide value added customer services. Ensure project schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups and customers
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience with certification.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess a US “Public Trust” clearance, Secret (or higher) clearance, or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED and 2+ years of technical experience. Associates Degree and 1 year of related experience preferred.
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex technical issues via telephone, email, and chat
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work well with all teammates in a fast-paced SLA driven environment
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to collaborate effectively
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment
- Experience with account administration and password resets in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in computer hardware/software support
- ITIL Certification
- Familiarity with government IT environment and administrative processes
- Technical certifications such as A+, N+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, IE 8 and higher, Google applications, VPN software, VDI, and other commonly used commercial products
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2018, 11:27:10 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job