The Consultant, Facilities, is responsible for supporting and planning facilities projects across Home Office and Stores. The Coordinator will develop options and solutions and work with customers and vendors on construction oversight.
This position functions as a technical leader to support space needs, working directly with the business area to resolve facility issues while ensuring the business is not negatively impacted.
This position provides a critical function in assisting the department with meeting business goals by providing support to other team members for department tasks and projects.
• Completing facilities projects to support Carmax stores and Home Office – scoping project needs, developing options, presenting information, creating project timelines, and managing project to completion.
• Collaborating with others from stores and Home Office internal support teams to support improvement initiatives in CarMax facilities and Home Offices. Coordinate projects and solution with managers.
• Manage vendors and consultants involved in construction and facility projects.
• Assist with the layout/design of facilities projects.
• Assist in developing site specific planning strategies for office space.
• Perform periodic building space audits and track actual space demand.
• Provide planning support for building renovations and other facilities enhancement projects.
• Other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Must be proficient in Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Word
• Project management required
• AutoCAD experience preferred, but not required
• Architecture, interior design, space planning experience preferred.