full-time employee contract
Security Administration/Document Control
The position manages Document Control and program security administration to include personnel and information security functions as needed and is responsible to the Chief of Security and Program Director.
Performance shall include:
• Operate the Directorate/Center document control center providing customer service during 0700-1600 Mondays through Fridays except Federal holidays.
• Serve as the focal point for receiving, processing, distributing, dispatching, and controlling all classified documentation entering or leaving the facility.
• Maintain and operate the SIMS document control database
• Manage and maintain inventory logs/records for classified media; handle TS inventory actions for accountable items and assist with reconciliation of missing holdings to include status reports to the customer and security authorities
• Administer classified destruction program. Prepare, coordinate, and conduct large-scale destruction of classified material
• Perform and/or assist government employees with inspecting bags and hand-carried items
• Receive packages from outside agencies (UPS, Fed Ex, etc) and distribute in accordance with facility standard operating procedures
• Send and receive program documents using SecureFax
• Perform virus scanning functions on incoming magnetic media
• Check identification of visitors, and ensure all are sponsored and properly cleared via JPAS, JADE, or a local database
• Send and receive program visit certifications; maintain visitor logs.
• Manage and coordinate Defense Courier Service accounts/activities
• Account for all logs, instructions, and equipment at the beginning and end of each scheduled work day
• Assist with personnel, information, program security and entry control functions
• 2 - 4 years related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
• SIMS database familiarity or complete training within six months of starting on contract
• Must complete Joint Access Database Environment (JADE) training within six months of starting on contract
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Some travel within the organizational program-related Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could include both air and ground transportation).