full-time employee contract
Accountable for solutions design and review for large, complex bids within Application Services area resulting in high-scoring, cost-effective technical proposals. Provides leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure bridging of the gap between business problem faced by client and benefits available from company solutions and services. Translates customer requirements into operational strategies associated with each solution and offering to ensure client needs are met in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Provides direct enterprise architecture design and support for strategic captures. Designs, develops and oversees system architectures, including complex systems and systems design activities. Serves as focal point for the development and communication of the system architecture. Ensures conversion of mission requirements into total systems solutions that account for design and technology maturity constraints of the system. Develops systems and system element architecture, design, and interface definition. Leads design reviews. Maintains knowledge of current and developing technologies and design and analysis methodologies. Develops models and architectural guidelines for current and future system development. Drives the development of technical and management solutions on large complex proposals in the Application Services area.
· 20 years’ experience with multiple roles in Solutions and Services management and complementary experiences in Market management and strategic planning recommended.
· Ability to lead and work in a team environment
· Experience with Cloudera, Hortonworks, or MapR distributions is desirable.
· Experience with Git/BitBucket source management is desirable.
· Experience working in Agile and Kan Ban development and support environments.
· Experience using and/or migrating to a Cloud platform is desirable.
· Expert knowledge of complex databases in Oracle Environment
· Substantially familiar with elements of the Hadoop ecosystem, including HBase, HDFS, Map Reduce, Zookeeper, Spark and Pig.
· Expert knowledge of key data structures and algorithms (indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregations)
· Must have developed/deployed something real and understand deployment, testing methodologies and scalability concerns.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CBP/BI CLEARANCE. POTENTIAL TO BE SPONSORED FOR A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE.