What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
The Portsmouth facility has miles of nature trails, a fitness center with locker rooms, a dining center, research library and a fully staffed medical facility. There’s an active chapter of the Young Employee Success Network (YESNET,) one of Raytheon’s employee resource groups, with a focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development, community service and social activities. And it’s just a five-mile trip to the famed beaches of Newport, Rhode Island, or that short drive north to Boston
As a Principal Subcontract Specialist, you’re an integral member of the Seapower Subcontracts Management team. In this role, you’re primarily responsible for managing (including providing formal communication and direction as well as close-out) various agreements and subcontracts in support of the Seapower Subcontracts Management Team.
Your Responsibilities will include:
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Assisting with managing Subcontractors to meet all subcontract requirements including cost, schedule, technical and quality requirements.
- Assisting in managing and reporting subcontract performance to the Global Supply Chain Management Team and Program / Integrated Product Team.
- Assisting with preparing and issuing Requests for Proposal to support proposal and program/company requirements; reviewing and leading subcontract proposal evaluations.
- Performing cost and price analyses, as well as taking part in developing negotiation strategies and leading negotiations.
- Ensuring subcontract compliance with public law and Raytheon Company policy and procedures; understanding and applying Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), ITAR, and import/export requirements as applicable.
- Maintaining required subcontract or agreement records.
- Serving as a Supply chain resource for the development of Statements of Work, Task Statements, and other cross business activities.
- 6+ years’ experience in any of the following: Procurement, Subcontracts, Contracts, Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Operations, Project or Program Management or Supplier Management
- Experience with supply chain processes and functions
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience in the government, aerospace, and/or defense industries, including international procurement
- Experience with multiple subcontract types
- Experience with import/export regulations (ITAR/EAR)
- In-depth working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR and DFAR)
- Terms and conditions negotiations experience
- Analytical skills for performing price/cost analysis and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including demonstrated presentation skills
- Experience in desktop computing tools (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Experience working with ERP system (i.e, SAP/PRISM)
- Possess good organizational capabilities and be detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
This job is posted internally as: Principal Subcontract Specialist
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerFind out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.