If you answered yes to these questions then you may be the person we are looking for to join our team as a summer intern in the Advanced Systems Development Center (ASDC).We are Raytheon Missile Systems and we are seeking summer interns for Vehicle Predesign candidates in the Design Synthesis department. We looking for people with a strong interest in MDO/MDA methods for vehicle design and optimization. The ideal candidate has experience in performing aerospace system research, conducting trade studies on vehicle concepts, and deriving requirements. The ability to assemble a briefing package and present it to engineering design teams is required. Other work experience in engineering would be helpful.
- Do you actively seek out problems to solve?
- Are you always thinking of newer, better ways of doing things?
- Do other people play better around you?
As a summer intern in a systems engineering role in ASDC (Advanced Systems Development Center), your tasks will include:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Supporting engineering activities and senior engineers on programs
- Supporting development of system architecture and performing systems engineering activities
- Doing first principle aerodynamic, mechanical, and propulsion design
- Conducting computer based performance trade studies using multi-disciplinary methods
- Working with others to ensure all parts of the system design are considered
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Strong academic and analytical background with course work including a combination of systems engineering, aerodynamics, digital and modern control systems, dynamics, fluid mechanics, CFD analysis, propulsion and/or aerospace structures
- Fluency in Matlab with an understanding of C, C++, or Object Oriented design, and Microsoft products
- Experience in performing air vehicle multi-discipline design and optimization. (Model Center, Matlab and Simulink experience desired.)
- Experience in physics based modeling and simulation with emphasis on aerodynamic, propulsion and airframe design
Required Education (Including Major):
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Working as part of a design team or group
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, with high level of analytical ability to find technical solutions
G04 (Junior Technical Intern) - must have completed 60 hours of collegeG05 (Senior Technical Intern) - must have completed 90 hours of collegeNUG (Post Graduate Intern) - must have an undergraduate degree and be currently seeking a graduate degree (in degree fields listed in Required Education)
- Junior, Senior, or Post-graduate level standing in one of the following: Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics – General, Aero & Astro Engineering, or related degree
- This position can be a Salary Grade G04, G05, or NUGbased on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***Desired Education:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.