|Please Note: This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for this position. |
The Raytheon Diné Facility (RDF) is a remote location factory structured under the Missile Systems business unit of Raytheon Company. RDF manufactures a wide variety of electro mechanical devices and end products. The successful RDF Quality Assurance and Control Leader is responsible for managing and performing tasks associated with Quality Assurance and Quality Control. This entails tasks including but not limited to factory process development, Quality audits, Root Cause and Corrective Action, frontline supervision of 30 or more Inspection personnel including successfully planning, scheduling, and evaluating workloads. The ideal candidate will possess the demonstrated skills and experience necessary to perform in both manufacturing and technical leadership roles. Position is for first shift; however, the manufacturing environment operates multiple shifts including some weekend work, so candidate must be capable of supporting a varying schedule. The candidate must be capable and willing to work extended hours (when required) in a fast paced deadline driven environment. This position is managed by the RDF Quality Manager.
The candidate shall be able to conduct the following activities:
1) Quality Assurance
2) Inspector Supervision
- Perform production schedule analysis to determine and establish Quality audit/inspection planning
- Perform production process audits
- Perform requirements analysis to verify material flow down requirements
- Coordination with Supply Chain Management regarding the tracking of supplier issues/certifications
- Facilitation of corrective actions, closed loop process controls and continuous improvement methods
- Provide analysis and validation of factory or supplier caused factory defects and source inspection data
- Facilitation of corrective action boards
- Creation of charts for tracking and reporting quality data product/process predictability and capability
- Perform and support audits and continuous improvement projects in the area.
- Prepare various productivity reports/metrics from SAP system and other databases.
- Represent Management in Factory/Staff meetings as required
- Demonstrated experience both identifying improvement opportunities as well as leading / completing quality/process improvement projects.
- Monitors daily operations and schedules/provides direction to Inspectors as required
- Oversee, develop, and conduct training of Inspectors in all facets of department operations, procedures, and regulations
- Assist inspectors, internal, and external customers with assembly and supplied hardware/finished goods issues
- Evaluate current and projected workload and equipment and supply needs
- Report, collaborate and advise internal and external customers on inspection and requirements/procedures
- Manage Inspection flow, priorities, and metrics.
- Manage equipment, material, resources, and physical area used for inspection
- Expected to solve problems and assign resources to work issues to ensure production flow
- Ability to work varied schedules with a focus on second shift (evening) hours. Candidate must therefore be able to show evidence of being self-motivated and possess an excellent work ethic
- Experience in reading, understanding, and using drawings, work instructions, and written policies to guide work efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The position requires a candidate that can write technical process documents, write production work instructions and communicate needs/ status to all levels of the organization in a professional and thorough manner. The individual must communicate effectively with production supervisors, managers, plant management, and technical experts.