Drawing Release Manager is an important and growing new role in the organization. The complexity of CAD data validation in concert with the drawing release process has greatly increased due in large part to a powerful and complex ‘One Enterprise’ Product Data Management (or PDM) tool, PTC Windchill.
CAD data validation is the keystone to Model Based Engineering (MBE) and a business plan requirement as we transition towards a Model Based Data (MBD) set centric environment. CAD data validation ensures downstream users such Manufacturing Engineering leverage quality CAD data in the course of creating and producing Model Based Work Instructions (MBWI).
The Drawing Release Manager is the primary Subject Matter Expert (SME) for CAD data validation and CAD data release requirements and becomes the primary point of contact for the entire CAD Release lifecycle from preparation to release. The Drawing Release Manager is the linchpin between Program Engineering and traditional Configuration Management activities.
This role involves:
- Providing as-needed PDM support
- This may require the creation of PDM Objects to include Release Objects, Documents, Model Records, WTParts (Gear) and Product Structure
- Assisting Program CAD Engineers resolve PDM problems
- Performing CAD Configuration Management reviews. This requires…
- Fundamental understanding of CAD Structure and CAD Configuration principles
- Understanding of Creo Attributes and Parameter functionality and manipulation
- Understanding of Enterprise CAD file naming convention requirements for both Enterprise design parts and Mil-Spec (MS) and Commercial-Of-The-Shelf (COTS) Library Parts
- Performing CAD Model Quality reviews. This requires…
- Expert understanding of Enterprise Model Standards
- Expert understanding of Enterprise Model Check requirements
- Expert understanding of CREO Parametric to ensure models regenerate without issue or failure
- Validating use and application of CAD Library Parts. This requires…
- Fundamental understanding of Enterprise MS and COTS Library Part requirements
- Fundamental understanding of Enterprise Model Check requirements
- Performing CAD Associations (linking) for Enterprise design CAD Objects to WTParts (Gear) designed to support downstream use by Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Operations
- Performing a Drafting Documentation Check, as-needed, per Program Drafting Requirements, ASME and Enterprise Engineering Documentation Standards (EDS). May not be necessary if the role is already filled through a dedicated Checker on larger programs, but may be needed on smaller, Quick Reaction Contract (QRC)-type programs
- Preparing and or validating CAD Objects prior initiation of the PDM release process
- initiating the PDM drawing release process through PDM Release Objects
- Tracking and providing status of Release Objects throughout the release process
- A proactive establishing working relationships with Program Engineering and Program Hardware Configuration Management
- At least 6 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or 10 years of experience with an Associates or 12 years experience and a HS diploma or Drafting Certification.
- PTC Windchill or other PDM (product data management) tools. This is a critical requirement.
- A basic understanding of Hardware Configuration Management Principles
- Familiarity with ASME 14.100 (Engineering Drawing Practices) and associated standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tool suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- CREO Parametric (was formerly ProEngineer) basic skill set
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Familiarity with MIL-DTL-31000 (Technical Data Packages) standards
- A basic understanding of CAD Configuration Management Principles and Fundamental data management principles
At least 6 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or 10 years of experience with an Associates or 12 years of experience and a HS diploma or Drafting Certification.Desired education:
Any technical, Computer Aided Drafting & Design, configuration management, or drawing checking related degree is acceptable. 125991
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.