Nas Patuxent River
Raytheon IIS is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer I to support a DoD worldwide deployable program. This Mission Essential position is based at NAS Patuxent River, MD. Although travel is expected to be minimal, the right candidate must be willing and able to deploy anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice and deploy for an extended duration. The individual selected must be qualified to support Global Hawk (GH) sensor system maintenance and operations under adverse conditions and potential impending hostilities. This position requires complex troubleshooting skills and knowledge of Electro-mechanical, Infrared, RF Sensor Systems hardware/software and integrated aircraft avionics systems. The right candidate must also possess excellent followership skills, creative time management techniques, ability to be consistent and tenacious while providing support and working technical projects and be an excellent oral and written communicator.
This field engineering position requires an array of technical competencies and personality traits that enable one to respond effectively to rapidly changing circumstances. It requires expertise in complex hardware/software system maintenance and working knowledge of sensor system design and theory.
Employment is contingent on meeting all medical requirements for the potential short-term overseas deployments (including comprehensive post-offer medical examination) and the ability to maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
·Direct/perform sensor system maintenance on RQ-4 GH Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) Imaging Sensor Systems.
· Field Engineers will resolve technical problems and issues in accordance with product specifications and engineering data to recommend repair/sustainment of sensors.
·Advise and mentor military/contractor technicians on a diverse array of tasks to include the following:
·Remove/install and maintain/troubleshoot sensor system hardware, update software, interpret engineering data, manage system configuration, operate, inspect and test sensor systems equipment.
· Analyze equipment failure trends to determine cause and recommend corrective action.
·Monitor, analyze and characterize the performance of sensor system specific test equipment.
· Implement preventive maintenance programs and document/manage performance and maintenance records.
· Support U.S. Air Force aircrew in effective sensor system utilization/recovery and operational tactics.
· A minimum of 4 years of avionics, sensors, electro-optical, Infrared and/or RF hardware engineering/maintenance and/or operational aircrew experience.
· Ability to work in a military flight line environment and extreme weather conditions.
· Ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis to correct system discrepancies.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.