An opportunity exists within the Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Software Engineering Directorate (SED) for a Software Configuration Management (SWCM) Engineer in Tewksbury, MA. The SWCM organization is a critical source of support for both proposals and development teams, including internal research and development (R&D) efforts as well as support to Systems Engineering CM tasks.
The Integrated Warfare and Sensor System Software department contributes to the success of Raytheon IDS by providing Software Configuration Management, Process, Learning, and Tool solutions for all SED programs. Our software configuration management team supports an Agile Scrum process on applicable Patriot contracts.
Our collaborative SWCM team scope includes management of product changes, formal release of baselined products and delivery of those products, on a continuous basis, to multiple customer sites.
This position can be a Salary Grade G06 or Salary Grade G07 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and requirements for the position.
IDS Software Engineering is seeking a Configuration Management (CM) Engineer to provide systems and software CM support for the IDS Software Engineering Directorate.
The successful candidate will participate in the coordination and administration of assigned configuration management activities relative to identification, control, change management and status accounting for systems in accordance with contractual requirements. The candidate will work in a team environment with Software and Systems Engineers, Quality Engineers, Process Engineers, and experienced Configuration Managers. The candidate will be involved in all phases of Software Configuration Management. This will include; participating in scrum team standups, Review/Retrospective/Planning ceremonies, product identification, facilitating change boards, process development and streamlining, processing work product releases, and media creation and validation with direct delivery to the customer.
–U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- General knowledge of software and systems development processes
- General knowledge of Configuration Management principles, such as Document Management and Engineering Change Management
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Knowledge of the following software tools: ClearCase, Product Data Management (PDM) and Rational Team Concert, (RTC) or change management tools.
- ·Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with engineers at all levels, and other Raytheon organizations
- Established verbal and written communication skills to successfully support peer reviews and associated software system documentation
- Strong people and change agent skills
- Sense of urgency; ability to meet challenging deadlines
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others. What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Candidates must have a BS or BA degree, with an emphasis in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer/Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering, or related engineering field.
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.