Information Technology Specialist - II (Job Number:441206)
SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Cyberspace Operations Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) J3 Contract at Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate will coordinate Joint Operations Center (JOC) information technology (IT) support with organizations such as the USCYBERCOM J6 – Command and Control C4 Systems and Information Technology, Eagle Alliance, Global Enterprise Command Center (GECC), and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) relationships.
Daily activities include:
- Identifies user requirements and describes services available or refers inquires to other staff
- Provides technical support of a limited scope to users and assists them in defining and solving computing problems within well-defined areas of responsibility
- Assists in preparing documentation of supported products for users
- Assists in preparing user training materials and conducts training sessions as assigned
- Performs programming tasks of limited scope to assist users
- Applies knowledge of computer science principles, information management principles, data processing functions, and Automated Data Processing (ADP) hardware and software systems structures and operations, and computer programming languages and techniques to solve automation problems
- Addresses scientific engineering or business objectives by writing, modifying, or adapting computer programs in machine level, assembly, and third or fourth generation programming languages
- Interfaces with and uses minicomputer and main computer systems in addressing project objectives
- Identifies and uses standard, unconventional, and original mathematical, algorithmic, and programmatic approaches to define, plan, organize, design, develop, modify, test, and integrate database or data processing systems, computer hardware systems and simulation models.
- Formulates architectural designs, functional specifications, interfaces, and documentation or hardware or software systems, considering system interrelationships, operating models, and software or equipment configurations.
- Develops design specifications by inspection and analysis to offset various malware and to protect and defend USCYBERCOM infrastructure
- Researches unconventional of software and operating systems in designing and developing new methodologies, significant modifications, or adaptions of standardized techniques
- Develops project plans, guidelines, and controls
- Conducts individual and group training sessions and demonstrates how to use computer programs
- Develops, prepares, and evaluates training program outlines, training manuals, instructions, reference manuals, and other materials
- Provides training related to computerized applications
- Supports older technology during transition phases and tests new equipment, software, and technologies for replacement
- Monitors and distributes helpdesk calls and assists with report programming
- Possesses expert-level knowledge of computers and peripheral equipment, including operating systems and basic operations functions, system and memory configurations, and software
- Develops high- level system design diagrams, program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Conducts quality assurance reviews and the evaluation of existing and new software products
- Installs, operates, configures, diagnoses, and repairs computers, related software, and peripheral equipment
- Monitors, operates, configures, diagnoses, and repairs computers, related software, and peripheral equipment
- Determines users’ needs and problems, understands program requirements, and develops effective solutions; prepares documentation materials
- Presents technical concepts and procedures on software
- Establishes rapport quickly and effectively with groups and individuals and maintains effective working
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as an IT Specialist with a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline; or a Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience.
- Minimum DoD 8140/DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SEC+, SSCP)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph (Or the ability to obtain a polygraph prior to employment)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2018, 10:22:35 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job