Airforce Space Command System Administrator (Job Number:440870)
- Performs high-level, day to day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installation and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating. implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of carrying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines.
- Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures.
- Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the system that will be implemented.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- IAT = Information Assurance Technical
- Minimum of 5 years working on Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
- Minimum of 5 years working on Satellite Ground Systems
- Must be able to support Satellite Ground Systems schedules as required.
- 5 years for AF SMC IT support
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2018, 9:38:53 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job