IT Support (Job Number:441156)
- Configure and maintain computer system capabilities for the Small Arms Weapon Systems Division RDT&E projects.
- Systems Administrator for network connected and stand-alone systems.
- Subject Matter Expert for division applications
- User representative for division Certification and Accreditation packages.
- Verify software and hardware patches and updates are installed.
- Report status of software and hardware patches and updates
- Troubleshoot software and hardware patch and update issues.
- Repair, install and update software and hardware.
- Improves existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications; evaluating proposed changes; recommending changes; making modifications.
- Prepare system hardware and software and place into production.
- Maximize use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions.
- Maintain system capability by testing computer components.
- Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
- Complete Nessus scans and deliver results to the Information Assurance group.
- Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Process Improvement, Software Maintenance, Software Testing, Software Performance Tuning,
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS, versions XP, 7, and 10.
- Basic network troubleshooting (TCP/IP)
- Excellent customer service / customer interaction skills
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills for trouble-shooting and trouble ticket handling.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Possess a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification. Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Crane RD&TE experience or knowledge preferred
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and up to two years experience.
- CompTia Security + Certification CE or equivalent to satisfy 8570 IAT level II
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2018, 2:07:03 PM
Primary Location: United States-IN-CRANE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job