Principal Ground Systems Engineer, Horizon (Job Number:441231)
- SAIC is seeking a Senior Space Ground Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering, acquisition strategy, and technical support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Space Superiority Systems Directorate (SMC/SY).
- The position requires an individual with experience in technical programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of DoD space ground systems.
- Specific useful experience includes systems engineering, integration and test, agile software development, development operations (DevOps), ground systems development.
- This position is based in El Segundo, CA.
- Qualified applicants must have a current/active Top Secret SCI with a current background investigation within five (5) years and consent to a polygraph examination.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to developing and deploying a system architecture.
- Performs assessment of development contractor design, provides oversight to development contractor development efforts, manages development operations (DevOps) capabilities, performs requirements decomposition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Ensure program level documentation is aligned with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
- Develops and evaluates program level documentation for SMC/SY assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership. Engages and coordinates with SMC Center Staff, HQ AFSPC, and HQ USAF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate “commander’s intent” and priorities.
- Provides leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
- Ensures the functional decomposition of requirements into total systems solutions to meet technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, develops and manages trade studies.
- Must be able to translate customer capability needs into technical requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in direct application of Systems Engineering principals to Space or Ground Satellite systems during development and integration and test
- An active TS/SCI clearance with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
- BS Degree- Engineering or Hard Sciences with 10 Years’ experience OR MS Degree in Engineering or Hard Sciences
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office
- Must be able to work independently
- 15+ years of experience in direct application of Systems Engineering principals to Space or Ground Satellite systems during development and integration and test
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with development operations (DevOps)
- MS Degree- Engineering or Hard Sciences
- MBA Degree
- DoD Space Acquisition and Program Management Experience (especially Space Control experience)
- Application of Model Based Systems Engineering and MBSE tool sets
- Ability to use Matlab and/or AGI STK and Toolkits
- INCOSE SE certification (CSEP/ESEP)
- PMP Certification
- Prior Military Service Space Superiority Systems Directorate Overview: The Space Superiority Systems Directorate at Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif., equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It has a multi-billion-dollar budget, 350-person program office, and 1,500- person industry team at multiple locations throughout the country to support operational systems worldwide. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space- superiority capabilities of the highest national priority.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 22, 2018, 3:39:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job