Document Control Specialist (Job Number:441135)
- Responsible for management and maintenance of knowledge assets, particularly those used in supporting end users and enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Contribute to the design and configuration of processes to create and maintain knowledge assets. Participate in the full knowledge management lifecycle, including request, prioritization, creation, sharing, monitoring, and reporting, as well as support and maintenance activities.
- The Specialist organizes, coordinates, and leads the review, update, and approval of knowledge assets, making sure they always reflect the latest changes to the IT environment and company policies/procedures.
- Simplifies knowledge retrieval to improve access to content, reports on use of knowledge, and continually identifies methods to improve and increase usage.
- Will work closely with a variety of IT support teams, including, but not limited to, Service Desk, NOC, SOC, Application developers, Email Engineers, AD and IDM engineers, and other Subject matter experts.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School and eleven (11) years or more related experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess a US “Public Trust” clearance, Secret (or higher) clearance, or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of experience supporting Microsoft Office Products, Windows OS, Mac OS, VPN, and Active Directory in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years of recent experience maintaining knowledge assets
- Exceptionally attentive to detail, focused on accuracy and clarity
- Excellent understanding of advanced IT concepts/practices, and ability to translate them into simple to follow instructions
- Experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex technical issues via telephone, email, and chat
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to grasp functional and technical concepts quickly
- Practical understanding of common knowledge management methods and processes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including a creative and self-motivated mindset
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Associates degree or higher
- Willingness to work any shift in a 24x7x365 environment, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to arrive and start work promptly at beginning of scheduled shift
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- KCS Certification
- Technical certifications (such as A+, N+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA)
- Familiarity with government IT environment and administrative processes
- Practical understanding of common knowledge management tools, including Service Now
- Experience recording How-To videos and guides for end user consumption
- Working knowledge of Google applications, VPN software, VDI, and other commonly used commercial (COTS) products h) Knowledge of HTML, XML, Java Script or other scripting languages
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2018, 5:35:30 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job