Apply knowledge and experience in optics and lasers in the areas of design, analysis, integration or testing to develop advanced optical imaging telescopes, spectrometers, lasers, ladars, or special test equipment. This may include performing critical opto-mechanical alignments on state-of-the-art space hyperspectral optics, assembling and testing of technology-pushing laser demos, or troubleshooting of refractive or reflective optical assemblies for airborne imaging systems. It could also be analyzing laser propagation and detection, line-of-sight tolerances, or calculating radiometric budget allocations. Work in a team environment.
- A demonstrated knowledge of optics, lasers, electromagnetic propagation, and their interaction with materials.
- Experience with optics or laser lab and/or analysis projects including error analysis. Also must be able to explain the concepts and outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Required Education (including major):
- Experience with optical design and analysis tools.
- Experience in in-depth analysis and modeling of wavefront, stray light, radiometric, or line of sight requirements and capabilities.
- Experience with imaging systems.
- Experience with laser alignments.
- Experience in test development, test procedures, evaluation, data collection and analysis for active or passive optical sensors.
- Existing clearances.
- Team and leadership experience.
Must have a MS / MA from an ABET accredited university with a major in Engineering, Science, or other related field with an emphasis in optics and/or lasers by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.