Security - ISSO
Our Global Security Services organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We maintain leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon’s products around the world.
Information System Security Officers and Information System Security Managers collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, compliant environments across various classified programs. Program and Information Technology teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to ensure the continued success and authorization of classified networks.
This position is for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at Raytheon, Arlington VA . The ISSO provides support to classified computing environments. This person will be responsible for assisting in the development and enforcement of information systems security procedures in accordance with company and government regulations and policies. The ISSO will be responsible for system compliance, auditing, security plan development and delivering information systems security education and awareness. The ISSO will assist in investigating information system security violations and helps prepare reports specifying corrective and preventative actions. The position routinely interfaces with their facility security team, program personnel and government representatives.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret / SCI security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
This position is ERIP eligible.
Capped relocation support is available to the selected applicant if eligible per Company policy. Amount of budget to be discussed at the appropriate time.
- 4+ years of experience working with and/or supporting computer technologies (such as: Microsoft Office applications, databases, operating systems or computer network hardware)
- Currently holds a US SECRET Clearance.
- Ability to obtain a TOP SECRET / SCI Clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain Information Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 2 requirements (Security+ or other) within six months of hire date.
- Existing DoD TOP SECRET/SCI Clearance
- Working experience with operating systems; Solaris, HPUX, Linux, or Windows
- Experience working with government regulations, such as NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, DIACAP and Risk Management Framework. Regulation is based on customer requirements
- Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks)
- Preparation of Assessment and Authorization documents and procedures
- Ability to deliver Information Assurance (IA) related briefings and training material
- Self-motivated and possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
- Previous experience working in a classified information systems environment
- Desire and ability to work as a team member
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and statistical techniques
- Customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
- Familiarity with Test Equipment and Sanitization Procedures
- Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
- Must be flexible and work with general supervision
- Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
- Security+ or similar 8570 certification
Desired Education:The following courses can be completed at the DSS Training Website:
- Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business or other relevant degree OR 8 years related experience in lieu of degree.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.Key Words:
- NISPOM Chapter 8 Requirements for Industry (IS201.16)
- Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16 / .06)
- Safeguarding Classified Information (IS109.16 / .06)
- OPSEC Security Awareness(GS130.16)
- Cyber Security Awareness(CI130.16)
- Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) (CS124.16)
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) Curricula (CS100.CU)
- Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)
- Special Access Program Overview (SA001.16/06)
NISPOM DD254 Security Windows UNIX LINUX Information Systems Security Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Cyber Software Engineer Computer Science MIS Management Information Systems ISSO CISSP CISM JAFAN JSIG DCID ISSM Information Security Information Technology IT Auditing Cyber DSS C&A IA IAM IAO Information Systems Security Officer Information Systems Security Manager Microsoft Windows Office UNIX Linux HPUX Solaris, Cybersecurity What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.